Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: file-size quota

file-size quota

I am having problems uploading pictures. I made a couple of albums and have been able to upload 4 pictures to one of the albums, but when I try to upload more I get the following message:
    "This picture exceeds your total album file-size quota by 553.2 KB."
    I have resized the pics to 145kb and they are jpgs.

I have searched the FAQ for quota and not found anything helpful.

I am a new user. Is there a quota for new users? Or am I missing something here?

Thanks!
    dw

What is the size of the photo you are trying to upload? I'm guessing it's something huge. Probably nearly 2 megs.

And, yes, there is a limit for each member. It's about 5 megs.

No, like I said above, the pics are all 145kb each.

A couple of days ago I tried bigger files but then I saw the file-size limit while loading them. I deleted the pictures that I had put up and reloaded with 145kb versions.

I thought maybe an online cache or something might need to be dumped, but this is several days now and I can't upload any more pics.

Quote Originally Posted by AxeTalk View Post
    What is the size of the photo you are trying to upload? I'm guessing it's something huge. Probably nearly 2 megs.

And, yes, there is a limit for each member. It's about 5 megs.

Not sure if this relates to your problem, as it sounds like your files are reasonably sized, but.....I've had trouble the odd time uploading pictures because of file size, and this is what I do: Email the photo to myself, open and save to Pictures, and then upload from My Pictures to Photobucket. This works well for me.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I've never used Photobucket. I don't really want to start a whole new thing just to post pics (although I appreciate your help). Is anyone else able to upload more than 4 pics (less than 650kb) at axetalk?

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Not sure if this relates to your problem, as it sounds like your files are reasonably sized, but.....I've had trouble the odd time uploading pictures because of file size, and this is what I do: Email the photo to myself, open and save to Pictures, and then upload from My Pictures to Photobucket. This works well for me.

the only other thing I can think of is resize the pix a little smaller? I keep extra-small versions of pix that I upload in an special folder on my PC (of course keeping the originals too)

Thanks for the suggestion db. Before I do this I just want to get your suggestion straight. I have already resized the pics I want to upload to 145kb. Are you suggesting that I make them smaller still, say 125kb or 100kb?

So then I will be taking down the 4 pics that are in an album (these are 145kb) and starting again.

Did I get this right?
    dw

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    the only other thing I can think of is resize the pix a little smaller? I keep extra-small versions of pix that I upload in an special folder on my PC (of course keeping the originals too)

I'm also having the same problem uploading already resized photos from photobucket. My solution was simpler, I got rid of my album.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Did I get this right?
    dw
    Yeah that is what I am thinking. I don't use the album function myself but if there is limited space moving to 100k files might be the answer

Okay, I'll try smaller pictures later tonight or tomorrow...
    Just cause - now I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Yeah that is what I am thinking. I don't use the album function myself but if there is limited space moving to 100k files might be the answer