Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double Posts

Double your pleasure, double your fun! I'm guessing Paul's got other fish to fry right now. And it's okay, guys....we like reading your posts. If they come up twice, it's just more fun than usual, lol.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Sometimes the double posts happen regardless of my actions; sometimes the 30 second timer comes up even if it is my first post of the day.

It is not ALL because of my actions. Saying that is like my insurance company saying that the reason I got side-swiped was my fault because I chose to drive that day (and yes, this is the insurance companies' position).
    Sorry Doublewah, but it's not something happening on our end. If it was, EVERYONE'S posts would come up double. I have no idea what the issue is on your side that's causing it. But it's limited to you and I guess to one other member you are talking about.

I'm not blaming you or anything. I can only fix issues on my end of the equation. I can't fix problems on your end of the equation. It's simply the truth. I'm not doging or pointing fingers or contesting you in any way.

Doublewah... what browser are you using? Computer or mobile device? What kind of computer? I did a Google search and there are certain browsers and devices that have been shown submit posts twice -- but they are not used popularly. So this is a long shot.

Haven't had one today...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Mac OSX 10.6.8
    Firefox v22.0

Question - when my browser (or maybe Axetalk's page) asks me if I want to go leave this page or stay on it, is that my browser or is it within Axetalk? If it is within Axetalk, perhaps you could enlighten me as to the correct choice.
    (I am very certain that I have tried both choices and gotten the same results.)
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Mac OSX 10.6.8
    Firefox v22.0

Question - when my browser (or maybe Axetalk's page) asks me if I want to go leave this page or stay on it, is that my browser or is it within Axetalk? If it is within Axetalk, perhaps you could enlighten me as to the correct choice.
    (I am very certain that I have tried both choices and gotten the same results.)
    That's your browser.

You are submitting the post and then clicking the back button. But the post is still in the process of submitting on AxeTalk -- it is submitting but you haven't seen it submitting yet. You click back and your browser, seeing a form with text in it asks you if you want to leave or stay. If you click "stay" you'll submit twice.

Just slow down on hitting the "back" button after submitting until after the post has submitted and you are taken to the copy of your post. And since we have been working on the server, sometimes it can take a while to submit and be taken to your post.

Hmmm -

I DON'T use my back button - not much, and very rarely when I'm at Axetalk.

I open separate tabs for each topic I want to read. If I post, I wait for it to complete and close THAT tab, then read the next one.
    Could using multiple tabs be part of the problem?

I don't know if I put it in this thread, or another thread - Sometimes AxeTalk gives me the 30 second warning - even if it is my first post of the day.

Have a great day, Paul!
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I just had a thought - Maybe my NAME has something to do with my double-posting problem.
    (That doesn't explain Zontar's double-posting problem, but maybe my other theory can explain it.)

Just kidding. Anyway, NO problems today.

I remember a reference earlier in this thread to the "Are you sure you want to leave this page?". I always thought that was part of the Auto-Save feature. I love that, and it's one of the reasons I like posting on AxeTalk. Lots of forums don't have it, and I've lost stuff there.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."