Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Posts

Double Posts

Zontar and I have been getting double posts lately.

I will try to document what I see at my end...
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Sometimes when I attempt to post, my browser (or maybe Axetalk's page) asks me if I want to go leave this page or stay on it. I never know what it the right answer! If I leave this page will my post be lost? If I stay on the page will my post be posted?

Sometimes I select "Stay on it" so I can copy my post, just in case it gets lost and I have to try to remember my brilliantly worded post.
    I think this is when it double posts.

Not sure though...
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Or maybe it's this. Sometimes I get this, even if it has been several minutes since my last post.

Errors
    The following errors occurred with your submission
    • This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 11 seconds.

So after getting this message (which I have gotten many times in the past few days) I wait a minute or so and continue - and get a double post.

Interestingly, just now I was able to post three times, a minute apart, with no issues.

Well, it's not doubling up on your thread count, which is a bit of a rip, lol.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Well, it's not doubling up on your thread count, which is a bit of a rip, lol.
    Haha
    I hadn't thought of that!

this is one I have to let AT answer!

You are posting. The site is responding slow. You are trying to go back. It asks you if you want to leave or stay. You answer no and submit the post again. Hence you are double posting.

The timer is trying to help you not double post as well.

The solution is to either wait for the post to complete the first time, even if it's not immediately or say yes when you are asked if you want to leave the page.

The double posting is all because of your actions -- but it's happening because of a slow response either with your internet or our servers. Lately we've had some server issues that we are working on. I posted about them here: http://www.axetalk.com/forum/forum-a...-problems.html

AT, I saw your post about problems you were trying to resolve - growing pains.

I started this thread to let you know what's happening on my end. I didn't do this to complain; just to document a problem.

Sometimes the double posts happen regardless of my actions; sometimes the 30 second timer comes up even if it is my first post of the day.

It is not ALL because of my actions. Saying that is like my insurance company saying that the reason I got side-swiped was my fault because I chose to drive that day (and yes, this is the insurance companies' position).

It doesn't really matter to me at all. People here know that lately Zontar and doublewah sometimes get double-posts, due to whatever combination of our computers, our servers, and our computer habits, combined with your software and servers.

It's not the end of the world. Still a great place to talk about guitars.