Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not getting email notifications

Not getting email notifications

Since the server change, I'm no longer getting email notifications of new posts to threads that I'm participating in. I've checked my general settings to ensure that I've selected "Instanrly, by email".
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

We are still sending them, but your ISP is blocking them as spam. This is not a universal problem, but one we've seen in about 10% of the users after moving to the new server. Seems the new IP address wasn't all that spam free before it was assigned to us.

We're working hard at fixing that with various ISPs.

Maybe I'm not understanding the explanation, but when I discovered the issue, the first thing I did, before posting, was check my Outlook Express email program to see if incoming mail from AxeTalk was being diverted to the Deleted file as spam, but there's nothing there. Do you mean the mail is being rejected by Shaw (my ISP), before it gets to my mail program?

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Do you mean the mail is being rejected by Shaw (my ISP), before it gets to my mail program?
    Exactly. Yes, this is what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by AxeTalk View Post
    Exactly. Yes, this is what is happening.
    And now you know to contact Shaw.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    And now you know to contact Shaw.
    So, is that the way to solve this? I wasn't sure if there was something I could do at my end by contacting my ISP, or do I simply wait for Paul to straighten it all out at the server end? I'm prepared to be patient if that's what it takes, but not getting email notifications is a pain in the butt. The same problem is affecting my participation in all of the GearTalk forums, not just AxeTalk.

Actually, I'd say just wait until we get this fixed. Seems the new IP address we inherited it tainted from some past user and there are some generalized blocks on the IP that is effecting some ISPs and email providers. For instance, cox.net, shaw.ca, and AOL.com. There are most likely others but we've heard mostly from these users. We are working hard to fix this, but it's the weekend and not too much is happening on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AxeTalk View Post
    Actually, I'd say just wait until we get this fixed. Seems the new IP address we inherited it tainted from some past user and there are some generalized blocks on the IP that is effecting some ISPs and email providers. For instance, cox.net, shaw.ca, and AOL.com. There are most likely others but we've heard mostly from these users. We are working hard to fix this, but it's the weekend and not too much is happening on it.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I think you should start receiving notification emails again within the next 24-hours. Please let me know when you do.

Still waiting to hear if this has corrected itself ... or not... for you.