Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change avatar.

Axe-honerated

Change avatar.

I can't change my avatar photo as l enjoy doing every week. No matter what photo I choose comes up with an invalid file message.
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    I can't change my avatar photo as l enjoy doing every week. No matter what photo I choose comes up with an invalid file message.
    Any chances the pics you're trying to post are too big (too many pixels)? I've had some issues in the past trying to post avatar pics because they're too big. What I've generally done is run them through email.....Send the picture to myself through email, add that emailed pic to My Pictures or my cloud storage, and then try to use that less-pixilated version as an avatar. It's worked for me.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Axellent Member French Army Knife's Avatar
    Sorry, I'm fairly new to forums and cannot tell what might be wrong - maybe file size?

Check what kind of file it is too- there are a lot of factors.

Can you update with an old avatar just to see if you can get anything working?

Axe-honerated
    I've done it the same way for a long time and one day it just wouldn't except anything from me even old ones I've previously used. I cant even post photos anymore. My phone is saying it's clear from any problems but it just keeps giving me an invalid file report.
    Frank Zappa.

Axe-honerated
    Could some one be so kind as to try changing there avatar to see if its isolated to me because the forum won't except anything from me photo wise at all.
    Frank Zappa.

Have you had any luck, KC? I tried to change my avatar to a different pic of me, but Photobucket is finding ways to keep me from editing and downloading my own content.

Axe-honerated
    Nope I pretty much am ready to give up. I can't post anything and have zero interest in dealing with photobucket. I believe the site here is being manipulated by a corrupt source due to the warnings I get now when I log on.
    Frank Zappa.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    ........... I believe the site here is being manipulated by a corrupt source due to the warnings I get now when I log on.
    That sounds ominous and creepy. Is this something you can elaborate on?

KC, I've come to the conclusion that your problem posting avatar pictures is the tip of the iceberg in a much larger problem......An issue that seems to be growing across all the GearTalk forums. Earlier tonight, I was unable to post both an online linked image and a personal picture on StratTalk. The unpostable pictures are part of a bigger problem on FenderTalk which seems to be screwed up for pictures and for text, and now it's happening on this forum........Earlier today, I posted a couple of pictures of a finished project in my Stovetop thread, and after having zontar comment on that picture (so I know it's really been there), I clicked on the photo and it's completely disappeared - There were two pictures in that post, but now there's only one, and the one that's left is twice a large as it was when I posted it.

I don't know if Alex ever reads these posts....I know he doesn't respond to emails or site complaints.....but somebody higher up the food chain needs to stop sitting on their thumbs and do something. I'm getting so tired of this crap that's been going on ever since Paul left. Whoever's in charge now take note - You're about to start losing members. I hate to go back to the gun nuts over of the Fender Discussion Page but the Gear Page forums situation has gotten bad enough that I'm starting to think about it.