Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coodercaster for sale

AT Member

Coodercaster for sale

I have an all USA Coodercaster for sale; ( April 2012 ).
    Vintage white body with light aging and finish checking by MJT Aged Guitar Finishes
    Fender USA Vintage tremolo bridge
    Pre-’64 Teisco pickup (neck position) Lollar Supro pickup (bridge position)
    CTS 250 pots (1) Volume and (2) Tone controls .015 capacitors on the tone controls
    Musikraft (licensed by Fender) Maple neck, 12” radius, 6105 frets, Earvana compensated nut,
    Single action truss rod, no fret wear, amber finish with vintage style tuners
    Set-up with 12’s Awesome Tone!
    Vintage style Fender black& white tweed case included
    Please see photos (attached)
    Many more photos of ‘build ‘ and completed available.
    Price $2100. Or B.O. Plus shipping & insurance.
    Thanks, TC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3743.JPG 
Views:	4317 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	2005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3750.jpg 
Views:	3982 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	2006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3748.JPG 
Views:	496 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	2007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005 (800x600).jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	2008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008 (800x600).jpg 
Views:	708 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	2009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	023 (800x600).jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	2010  

Very, very nice! I really should get to work on mine. I have a Lollar Chicago Steel For Strat pup though. Two of the same gold foilers as yours. I'm having trouble convincing my self to route out the Robert Cray body though. It's so nice and light! Good luck with your sale!
    Ya can't pick up a turd by the clean end

AT Member
    Thanks Hu.
    Use a different body and start it up my friend. Then again, you may want to use the light body, the guitar is a little heavier than a normal strat with these pickups.
    They do sound awesome, clean or driven.
    TC

"Use a different body and start it up my friend."

Ya know! You're right! I still have that old Schecter body from my first Coodercaster from a couple decades ago. I do think I'll experiment with that one, and if I like the resulting sound, may move on to the Cray body. The Schecter has so many routes, and screwholes that it's downright fugly! So no loss if it doesn't turn out!
    Did you have to route to install the foiler?

Possible future Coodercaster. Cray body was stupidly, and poorly refinished. Got it on ebay for $85, with the bridge and jack. The neck is a wide Warmoth, from when they first got into business. Awesome piece of Ebony. No steaks, no dye. I like Tele necks on Strat bodies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001393.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	2011  

AT Member
    Go for it Hu, it looks very nice! If the neck is straight, it will work out fine.
    Yes, I did have to route a little bit for the pickups, not much though, and the goldfoil has a certain 'sweet-spot" location.
    I'll send you a couple of photos I took during the 'build', if you want.

AT Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hu Duck Xing View Post
    "Use a different body and start it up my friend."

Ya know! You're right! I still have that old Schecter body from my first Coodercaster from a couple decades ago. I do think I'll experiment with that one, and if I like the resulting sound, may move on to the Cray body. The Schecter has so many routes, and screwholes that it's downright fugly! So no loss if it doesn't turn out!
    Did you have to route to install the foiler?
    I did route a little bit for 2 reasons; #1 was to place the goldfoil in the 'sweet' spot and #2 to be able to adjust the goldfoil's distance from the strings. This was necessary because it is louder than the lollar when using 1 volume control. I like to keep the vol of both PUs approx. the same for switching from one to the other. A little trial & error to get it where I wanted. The routes aren't very deep and can be done with a number of tool options.
    TC

What did you do to find the "sweet" spots?

AT Member
    Hu,
    Actually I got the location / dimensions from a member on another forum, who had a very similar guitar built. I loved the sound of his Coodercaster and placed the goldfoil in the same location & orientation, to get the sound I wanted, and it worked. But you may want the ability to checkout different locations. This could be done by raising the string height and testing at various locations, or routing a larger area, leaving the string height where you want it and simply moving the PU around a bit. Take your time with this, you can always adjust the location, but once fitted to the pickguard, will need to re-cut the pickguard if you move it later on.
    TC

I think I'll raise the strings and experiment. I do have two foil pups. When I get my email working again, I ping you for some pics.