Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen Framus six-string banjo

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    I would have if he told me that story 1st. Lol! I doubt that there is a group of thieves focusing on Framus 6 string banjos. I have a friend on another forum that has a few of them & informed me that they were scoffed upon by serious Banjo coinsures. They claimed they don't even burn well. Lol!

On second thought I don't think I'll burn her.
    She is a beaut. I was hoping you would fall for my trick, but then I would have felt bad.
    But I might have to get one of my own in the new year.

Why do the connoisseurs scoff at the Framus guit-banjos? Because of build quality? Or because they are not real banjos?
    If it's the latter, that's fine with me. Tommy Tedesco used to play banjo parts on TV and movie sound-tracks with a guit-banjo.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I wonder if one of those guit-banjos is what Rick Dodson used to for the banjo parts on the Stampeders "Sweet City Woman".
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I wonder if one of those guit-banjos is what Rick Dodson used to for the banjo parts on the Stampeders "Sweet City Woman".
    A friend of mine (musician I have had the pleasure of playing with) told me that his father, a session player, did that part.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.