Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current pedal-boards

Mine will eventually hold 3 or 4 distortions, and Auto-Wah, Volume pedal, chorus, EQ, & echo--maybe one or two others...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin'John View Post
    I get so much overdrive from the amp itself that I don't use an overdrive very often.
    I got one I would sell cheap if you need another. An Akai Blues Overdrive.

JJ
    Hmmm...
    I PMed you.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Mine will eventually hold 3 or 4 distortions, and Auto-Wah, Volume pedal, chorus, EQ, & echo--maybe one or two others...
    If you want a pedal wah instead of the auto wah, and a volume, I highly recommend the Hotone Soul Press:

You can swap between wah and volume with the flick of a switch.
    (It also is an expression pedal but that would you would have to switch cables around for that.)
    And it doesn't take much real estate:
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I prefer the auto wah-- the pedal messes up my foot--but the one i have (Boss AW-3) has a jack for an expression pedal which turns it into a pedal wah--so I'm good that wah--er, way.

but thanks for the info.

The mini wah pedals are cool.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Well, with the Soul Press, you would have your volume pedal - and the expression pedal for your Boss AW-3.

Because my Twin Reverb's out of commission at the moment, I've reluctantly started using my pedal board so I have the DD3 delay available to sweeten the sound of my bass amp for playing guitar. It's only reaffirmed my conviction that pedals aren't the right thing for me.....Too much noise, and subtle changes from the direct guitar>amp combination that sounds so right. I think it would only be justifiable to me if I needed a pedal to do something radical, like the organ pedal (B9?) that completely changes the character of the instrument.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

"I think it would only be justifiable to me if I needed a pedal to do something radical, like the organ pedal (B9?) that completely changes the character of the instrument."

Nah. Bad idea. Nothin' beats a sweet electric goin' through a happenin' amp !

JJ
    Tele's & Tweeds.Yes sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin'John View Post
    "I think it would only be justifiable to me if I needed a pedal to do something radical, like the organ pedal (B9?) that completely changes the character of the instrument."

Nah. Bad idea. Nothin' beats a sweet electric goin' through a happenin' amp !

JJ
    That's true--but pedals are still fun...