Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current pedal-boards

Current pedal-boards

Here are my two "modular" pedalboards. The first one is my main board. The other one is for comparing some of my other distortion pedals.

Main board:
    BOSS SD-1 (Super Distortion)
    EP Booster clone
    Hotone Soul Press Wah/Volume/Expression Pedal
    Joyo Sweet Baby Overdrive
    Tone City Bad Horse (Klon Clone)
    MXR Super Comp
    Zoom MS-100BT

Distortion board:
    Soundblox Multiwave Distortion (not in board)
    BOSS CS-3 (Compression Sustainer)
    Joyo Vintage Overdrive (Tube Screamer clone)
    BOSS DS-1
    Joyo Ultimate Drive (Fulltone OCD clone)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pedalboard 1 - Jan 2016.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	3687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pedalboard 2 - Jan 2016.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	3688  
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

My pedal board's collecting dust.....I just love the sound of a guitar plugged directly into my Twin Reverb without the pedals adding noise artifacts. So things look the same as they did five years ago when I first joined the forum.

BOSS DS1 distortion, DOD 285 direct box, Daphon E10CH chorus, BOSS 59 Bassman pedal, BOSS 65 Deluxe Reverb pedal, BOSS DD3 delay.

"I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I commented on Spell's pedalboard before--cool case--I remember an old typewriter my Mom had that had a case like that--and it was ancient when I was a kid.
    If it was still around I'd consider using it & building my own.

I'm still considering building my own--but I want one where it's easy to switch the pedals around & I can use a smaller version as I use more pedals for guitar than bass.

I'd like to build something either like the Boss ones with the foam panels the pedals sit in or one like this one:
    DUO 24 | Temple Audio Design
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    My pedal board's collecting dust.....I just love the sound of a guitar plugged directly into my Twin Reverb without the pedals adding noise artifacts. So things look the same as they did five years ago when I first joined the forum.

BOSS DS1 distortion, DOD 285 direct box, Daphon E10CH chorus, BOSS 59 Bassman pedal, BOSS 65 Deluxe Reverb pedal, BOSS DD3 delay.

I remember your typewriter pedalboard from before, Spell. I like how you were able to build two tiers.
    Very clean build.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    ...or one like this one:
    DUO 24 | Temple Audio Design
    That's a cool design. I like the holes that let you hide your wires. I wonder if they flop around underneath or if people use twist-ties to keep that neat.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    That's a cool design. I like the holes that let you hide your wires. I wonder if they flop around underneath or if people use twist-ties to keep that neat.
    Probably both--and I like how the pedals connect.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Board

Analog Delay,Phasor,Overdrive.
    Sparingly. The Phasor does Flange,Chorus,Tremolo,Phasor.
    The OD I only use if I can't turn my amp up enough or if I want the amp to go over the top.

JJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5319.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	3689  
    Tele's & Tweeds.Yes sir.

After studying "gain-stacking" at the "That Pedal Show" university, I have been using my various overdrive pedals like spices to season a steak.
    I can get a large amount of different types and levels of overdrive out of my pedals and my Carvin Nomad's clean/gain channels.
    Some, like the Joyo Sweet Baby, allow me to play with a wide dynamic range. Others, like the SD-1, have a Marshall like compression.
    I have them all set with just a hint of overdrive, so that using two or three at once is still a usable tone.

In the course of an evening, I may play anything from Chet Atkins and Les Paul to Elvis Presley and Hank Williams, to Lynyrd Skynyd and Alice Cooper, to Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton, to Santana and Eric Johnson.
    No one amp or overdrive pedal has been able to give me all of this, without a lot of knob twisting between songs.
    Last edited by doublewah; 02-01-2016 at 09:04 PM.

I have another thread for this Youtube channel/show, but I will put this video here to show what I meant in my previous comment:

I get so much overdrive from the amp itself that I don't use an overdrive very often.
    I got one I would sell cheap if you need another. An Akai Blues Overdrive.

JJ
    Tele's & Tweeds.Yes sir.