Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snark revisited

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    ...Although worst case I suppose I could always use a smartphone to tune
    I also have a couple very decent tuners on my ipads.

Worst case (for the audience), I suppose I could always use MY EARS to tune!
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    I also have a couple very decent tuners on my ipads.

Well I start with the tuner--but sometimes need to fine tune with my ears--or if playing with an acoustic piano--you may need to forgo the tuners & use your ears.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

when I was starting playing guitar, I trained my ears to tune with a keyboard. never needing a tuner until I learned how to setup a guitar. I cant use my ear for intonation! but for general guitar playing, I am fine with my ears. I do have an app in my phone as well. I also have three tuners, two small, mobile ones where it has an input jack that I can plug my guitar in and tune, and a tuner on my pedal board.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    when I was starting playing guitar, I trained my ears to tune with a keyboard. never needing a tuner until I learned how to setup a guitar. I cant use my ear for intonation! but for general guitar playing, I am fine with my ears. I do have an app in my phone as well. I also have three tuners, two small, mobile ones where it has an input jack that I can plug my guitar in and tune, and a tuner on my pedal board.
    Certainly if I am just playing on my own at home I use my ears most of the time--but a Snark makes it easier to check that way as well.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Well the 2 ST-2's I just ordered arrived yesterday. Other than the display and some other visuals I can't see much difference between that and the SN-2. Needs some getting used to- I think I like the SN-2 more but we'll see how I feel in a week or so.

Well keep us updated--I like he SN display better--but that was different than what I was used to before...

Quick update- my daughter used the ST-2 with her trumpet on the weekend and she said that she found it much more responsive than the SN-2. That is probably the big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Quick update- my daughter used the ST-2 with her trumpet on the weekend and she said that she found it much more responsive than the SN-2. That is probably the big difference.
    It certainly is possible a different tuner fits a different instrument (&/or different musician) better--so it's a good thing there are different ones available.

I have to do a head to head comparison of the SN-2 vs. ST-2 to see if I see the same thing