Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever just live with a problem instead of fixing it?

When I was picking up a parcel from the Canada Post outlet, I mentioned that it was the first time I'd had a shipment small enough to fit in the mailbox diverted to the postal outlet and got charged taxes. The postal clerk said that it was happening more frequently to everyone recently. I suspect one of the issues is that everything's being scrutinized more closely because of illicit drugs shipments. A lot of the herbs I order are in caplets, so they likely get more attention at customs than most items.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Well just tune into the border patrol TV shows...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

It is a difficult balance I suppose. On the one hand we want convenience and speed but from the customs agent perspective, they must see crazy stuff all day long

I am new to this forum but read first to last post. Great job. I must say I wasn't into the flames at first but after looking at the great pics, it is growing on me as a future project. Sorry things were so hard at times but I think most will agree, frustration fades quickly once you get your #1 back. Not sure if you have resolved the camera issue, but might I suggest you check to be sure the USB port is turned on in settings on the PC. I bet you have figured it out but that has happened to me. Great job and looks like this will be a really cool place to hang out. Looks like there is many people willing to help and support each other

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by wardo1219 View Post
    I am new to this forum but read first to last post. Great job. I must say I wasn't into the flames at first but after looking at the great pics, it is growing on me as a future project. Sorry things were so hard at times but I think most will agree, frustration fades quickly once you get your #1 back. Not sure if you have resolved the camera issue, but might I suggest you check to be sure the USB port is turned on in settings on the PC. I bet you have figured it out but that has happened to me. Great job and looks like this will be a really cool place to hang out. Looks like there is many people willing to help and support each other

We tend to get along--even though we are into different styles of music & different kinds of gear--not completely--there is overlap--but we do respect the others' right to like different types of tunes & gear...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    We tend to get along--even though we are into different styles of music & different kinds of gear--not completely--there is overlap--but we do respect the others' right to like different types of tunes & gear...
    Yeah, this is true. We don't make near as many pointy guitar jokes as many forums, and I have to admit that seeing everybody else's stuff has broadened my taste somewhat.

I've got a weird question, going back to the guitar for a moment.....As you know, there's an onboard wireless that's fed 9 volts from a dual battery box wired in parallel. For a while, after the original dual box failed, I ran the wireless on a single lithium-ion battery, until I installed the new dual battery box a couple of months ago. My question is, what would happen if I used one alkaline battery and one lithium-ion battery in parallel. Would the difference in the batteries be a hazard, or is it a case of 9 volts is 9 volts and it doesn't matter where it originates?

I've heard that some types of 9volts actualy have like 8 point something volts--don't know if that cause a problem or not though--but might be something to consider.

Yeah you certainly can't like everything! Some of my friends would hate playing my guitars strung with 13's. One of my friends play's 8's or 9's- I can't play his guitars wirth anything because I would shred the strings in one strum

I would at least test the batteries before you install them to see if they are in fact the same voltage

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by wardo1219 View Post
    I would at least test the batteries before you install them to see if they are in fact the same voltage..............
    Probably a good idea. I'm pretty sure that any rechargeable is slightly under 9 volts, whether it's a nickel cadium, nickel metal hydride, or lithium ion. I wasn't even sure whether rechargeable batteries would operate the Samson wireless when I built it in, so I used the dual battery box with the idea that it would be loaded with alkalines. It was fine when I had to switch to a single battery snap and used a single lithium ion unit. My concern is how the batteries interact.....For example, you can use a regular charger on a NiCad and (I think) a NiMh battery, but the lithium ion requires a special dedicated charger. I just wondered if that incompatibility carries over to two differing batteries paralleled together.