Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever just live with a problem instead of fixing it?

I've been taking inventory mentally, and I think everything I own probably is wearing the strings I built it with.....so years old in each case. I love the way strings settle in and hold tune once they're stretched.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I've been taking inventory mentally, and I think everything I own probably is wearing the strings I built it with.....so years old in each case. I love the way strings settle in and hold tune once they're stretched.
    That's sort of true of the Baux--my friend who made it had other strings on it--and as they broke he didn't replace them (3 of 4 broke)--the last one was dead and frayed--so I put one on when I took it over & I have never changed that one...
    maybe not quite the same thing--but it's what popped into my mind...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

My pickguard has just been shipped for service. I'll be happy to get the Strat back together. I've got lots of other guitars to play, but none of them feel like the Strat.

Hey Mike, Incoming.......

I just realized that this would be a good time-window to insulate the pickup cavity while the guts are gone. My existing can of liquid electric tape had gone gooey, so I'll pick some up in the morning and do it over the weekend.

I got curious about buying the liquid electrical tape....Wondered if I was paying too much locally, and should be buying it online. Turns out the local stuff's a deal. It's about the same price or a little higher online, but the freight to get it here is over 20.00. I guess it must be limited in how it can be shipped as a chemical.

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I just realized that this would be a good time-window to insulate the pickup cavity while the guts are gone. My existing can of liquid electric tape had gone gooey, so I'll pick some up in the morning and do it over the weekend.

I got curious about buying the liquid electrical tape....Wondered if I was paying too much locally, and should be buying it online. Turns out the local stuff's a deal. It's about the same price or a little higher online, but the freight to get it here is over 20.00. I guess it must be limited in how it can be shipped as a chemical.
    One reason why online shopping may never take over completely
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

In fact a lot of things are NOT cheaper online!

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    In fact a lot of things are NOT cheaper online!
    Even without shipping.

Although there are often free shipping type offers...

I ended up paying 14.00 for the liquid electrical tape at the auto parts store. Todays's the day......When I first built the guitar I laid some strips of black tape in a few strategic areas. I've pulled that out.....a gooey mess, as usual. I'm busy wiping out the residue with mineral spirits, so when it's evaporated, I can start.

I guess this is what retirement's for....I can sit and watch paint dry.......

ah the refreshing smell of mineral spirits (in a ventilated room!)