Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squire P Bass upgrade.

Squire P Bass upgrade.

Hey all. I did up this Squire P Bass up for my favorite customer my nephew Wade. I leveled crowned and polished the frets & installed a new Graphtech Black Tusq nut. The saddles are Graphtech Black Tusq as well. All the electrical has been replaced with CTS 250k pots. A paper & oil tone cap a set of Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickup's & a Switchcraft Jack We got the pickguard from Warmoth which I topped it off with full covers & a thumb rest. It plays real nice now & buzz free & sounds thick but still has some nice snap & articulation to the notes. Very strong. A definite upgrade from what it was. He should get a lot of good jam time with this little bomb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170204_125828837.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	3878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170211_120637887.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	3879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170211_135119404.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	3880   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170211_135115245_HDR.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	3881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170210_211755177.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	3882  
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Nice upgrades- probably plays like a champ!

Cool--looks & sounds like a job well done--and it sounds like it's a keeper.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I'll would bet that you are Wade's favourite uncle.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

... be my favorite uncle (No disrespect to my actual uncles)

A few years ago a store was totally revamping their store & they sold off some stuff real cheap.
    They had a Squier P Bass body & neck for quite cheap--but I realized once I bought the hardware & the electronics & possibly paid someone to help me put it together (At least the electronics-unless I got a loaded pickguard) I would spend about as much as what ti woudl have cost me to buy one the way I liked it (& it wasn't fretless)
    So if I could do what some of you can do--I might have bought it.
    Although shortly after I decided against it a guy came in & bought it--saying he could fix it up.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Thats really cool!

I think those Squier Bass's are the most bang for the buck bass you can ever get, stock. if you like Fenders. Ive had good experiences with Entry level ibanez and other bass guitars, but the feel of Fender basses are different and I prefer them over anything else.

I just picked up a Samik bass for my son from Goodwill for 30 bucks the neck is like an arrow. I let him pick a color and off we go. I am new here but am sure I should put up pics. My intent when starting this post was to say to Zontar that you could learn to work on your own by buying a decent guitar that needs work and read a bunch. It seems there are plenty of great guys to help if you get stuck. If you build just 1 and it turns out just fair I bet you are hooked forever. I built my first on a dare 10 years ago and now I can't stop reading and researching​ to learn more. I don't even play. The smile I get from a guy when I hand off a recently finished guitar is so cool. Be careful it can be addicting. Some people only want made in USA models, I think quality parts in a decent body can work out just fine for a pretty good price that way. Thanks for having me fellas

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks. I feel I must apologize for what looks like a hijacked thread. That was not my intent. I was only trying to offer encouragement to Zontar on the fun and addictive nature of working on guitars. I will start a thread on the build of my latest project. I don't want to seem inconsiderate my first post here. I do like the color on the P Bass. Very sharp

No worries.