Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kmise necks

Axellent Member

Kmise necks

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Kmise guitar necks. Saw one on eBay for 25 bucks. Wondered if they are OK, or if I should stay away from it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've never heard the name before. To a large degree, I think that you'll get what you pay for.....Not to say it's something to avoid, but I suspect it'll need what most inexpensive guitars need -attention to the fretwork (crown and level) mostly. If you can do that yourself, it's a win, but if you're going to take it to a pro, add that to the initial cost on eBay. If you're a novice and want to learn, a 25.00 neck's probably a good place to start.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I see them on Amazon. They come from China, I think you have to wait about a month to get them.

I got one from them once year's ago that was horrid. The nut slot was so crooked it was crazy. I fought with them back & forth for a month. It was painful. Terrible translation. Then they start trying to tell me some haywire way to repair it. They always use the word "Quality" when they discribe them so I finally said I didn't buy a "Quality" neck from you to have to make repairs to it. Send me something your proud of or refund my money. They reluctantly replied okay we will send you another. The second one was pretty nice so they can make decent one's. It's always a crap shoot.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    It's always a crap shoot.
    The cheaper ones tend to have lower QC standards--so while you might get a real nice one one time, then next time you don't.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    I got one from them once year's ago that was horrid. The nut slot was so crooked it was crazy. I fought with them back & forth for a month. It was painful. Terrible translation. Then they start trying to tell me some haywire way to repair it. They always use the word "Quality" when they discribe them so I finally said I didn't buy a "Quality" neck from you to have to make repairs to it. Send me something your proud of or refund my money. They reluctantly replied okay we will send you another. The second one was pretty nice so they can make decent one's. It's always a crap shoot.
    Boy that doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence in their QC, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Boy that doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence in their QC, huh?
    Not really--but sometimes a gem comes through
    Even with the reputation of certain periods for Fender & Gibson--and the horror stories I've heard--they still made some good ones.
    (And if you find an old one now it's probably one of the good ones--since it lasted this long)
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Not really--but sometimes a gem comes through
    Even with the reputation of certain periods for Fender & Gibson--and the horror stories I've heard--they still made some good ones.
    (And if you find an old one now it's probably one of the good ones--since it lasted this long)
    Yep, luck of the draw sometimes...

Not luck--but persistence

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Not luck--but persistence
    In fact both - you need luck in actually getting a good one and persistence in the event that you don't...