Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Kmise necks

  1. #1
    Axellent Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Branson Missouri
    Age
    54
    Posts
    107

    Kmise necks

    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Kmise guitar necks. Saw one on eBay for 25 bucks. Wondered if they are OK, or if I should stay away from it.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Axe-honerated spellcaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duncan, British Columbia, Canada
    Age
    66
    Posts
    10,698
    I've never heard the name before. To a large degree, I think that you'll get what you pay for.....Not to say it's something to avoid, but I suspect it'll need what most inexpensive guitars need -attention to the fretwork (crown and level) mostly. If you can do that yourself, it's a win, but if you're going to take it to a pro, add that to the initial cost on eBay. If you're a novice and want to learn, a 25.00 neck's probably a good place to start.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

  3. #3
    AxeTalker flyingvluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Houston, Texas USA
    Posts
    55
    I see them on Amazon. They come from China, I think you have to wait about a month to get them.

  4. #4
    Axe-honerated Keletcaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Abbotsford British Columbia
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,050
    I got one from them once year's ago that was horrid. The nut slot was so crooked it was crazy. I fought with them back & forth for a month. It was painful. Terrible translation. Then they start trying to tell me some haywire way to repair it. They always use the word "Quality" when they discribe them so I finally said I didn't buy a "Quality" neck from you to have to make repairs to it. Send me something your proud of or refund my money. They reluctantly replied okay we will send you another. The second one was pretty nice so they can make decent one's. It's always a crap shoot.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

  5. #5
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    It's always a crap shoot.
    The cheaper ones tend to have lower QC standards--so while you might get a real nice one one time, then next time you don't.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator die Bullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    I got one from them once year's ago that was horrid. The nut slot was so crooked it was crazy. I fought with them back & forth for a month. It was painful. Terrible translation. Then they start trying to tell me some haywire way to repair it. They always use the word "Quality" when they discribe them so I finally said I didn't buy a "Quality" neck from you to have to make repairs to it. Send me something your proud of or refund my money. They reluctantly replied okay we will send you another. The second one was pretty nice so they can make decent one's. It's always a crap shoot.
    Boy that doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence in their QC, huh?

  7. #7
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    19,283
    Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Boy that doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence in their QC, huh?
    Not really--but sometimes a gem comes through
    Even with the reputation of certain periods for Fender & Gibson--and the horror stories I've heard--they still made some good ones.
    (And if you find an old one now it's probably one of the good ones--since it lasted this long)
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator die Bullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,600
    Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Not really--but sometimes a gem comes through
    Even with the reputation of certain periods for Fender & Gibson--and the horror stories I've heard--they still made some good ones.
    (And if you find an old one now it's probably one of the good ones--since it lasted this long)
    Yep, luck of the draw sometimes...

  9. #9
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    19,283
    Not luck--but persistence
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator die Bullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,600
    Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Not luck--but persistence
    In fact both - you need luck in actually getting a good one and persistence in the event that you don't...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •