Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's cookin' on Spellcaster's stovetop?

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    I have encountered those stores locally and when traveling
    Sometimes they're still fun if they have any oddball stuff
    Yeah but a lot of the time they are way too expensive and the assortment is terrible

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Yeah but a lot of the time they are way too expensive and the assortment is terrible
    I still haven't heard from the guy advertising the DiMarzio switch in the classifieds. I'll probably wait to order one from bezdez on ebay until I've checked the local music store tomorrow morning, but I'm skeptical that they carry anything in the way of parts.

Incidentally, the switch I've been looking at on the bezdez site is an Alpha brand. Anybody know if they're any good? I've used their pots but didn't even know they made pickup switches. They're cheap (7.00 shipped from Ontario, compared to 24.00 shipped from the US, so less money and much quicker)
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I don't know the brand you mentioned but I would be careful with off brands when it comes to components like this

Well, I called the local music store this morning. They don't have any three-way switches, so I guess I'll be eBaying this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Well, I called the local music store this morning. They don't have any three-way switches, so I guess I'll be eBaying this afternoon.
    oh well- worth a try to check locally

I ended up buying an Oak-Grigsby 3-way switch. I decided I wanted a spring-style switch rather than a cheapo box switch but bezdez doesn't offer them. I also wanted to buy a new A250K volume pot, and bezdez has them, but the shipping is absolutely ridiculous on the pot (almost 12.00). Anyway, I ended up with the A-G switch and a DiMarzio pot, shipped for 26.00 Canadian, from the US. Now I just have to hurry up and wait......

Most of the time they do, but sometimes you get the exception--and it's much rarer these days than it used to be--stores are competing with online sellers & so many ways to sell privately, so fewer take chances on oddball stuff.

But when you find it?

Real cool...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Most of the time they do, but sometimes you get the exception--and it's much rarer these days than it used to be--stores are competing with online sellers & so many ways to sell privately, so fewer take chances on oddball stuff.

But when you find it?

Real cool...
    absolutely

oh well- worth a try to check locally
    I have been buying most switch's & electrical at Long & , McQuade. There prices are competitive & If they don't have it they will bring it in. I have lost patients with Canada Post & eBay as little as possible now.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    I have been buying most switch's & electrical at Long & , McQuade. There prices are competitive & If they don't have it they will bring it in. I have lost patients with Canada Post & eBay as little as possible now.
    Unfortunately, Long & McQuade is a two hour round trip to either Nanaimo or Victoria for me. I drive as little as possible because of my eyesight, so I'm stuck with ordering online.What's kind of sad is that the guy I contacted who has one locally in the computer classifieds emailed me back today asking if I still wanted it. He texted me yesterday, but I don't have text on my phone plan. I've never had any interest in texting because it's so small I can't read it.