Thread: Oh why not...stuff I've got to trade/sell

Oh why not...stuff I've got to trade/sell

May as well post a classified...very little going on elsewhere in the forum.

2 OLP baritone humbuckers. These came out of my OLP MM3 copy. They're not bad, not great...medium output, strong bottom, seem to be identical pickups, one is 4-lead-rewired to a series/parallel switch.

OLP 5-string MM bass pickup, 3-flange type. 4-lead, very heavy, fairly generic MM tone.

Seymour Duncan SMB-5A5 5-string MM-type bass pickup, STS-3M3 3-knob 3-band EQ/preamp kit, all wired onto an OLP Stingray pickguard.

Rare Suhr-designed 4-pole(!) Fender jazz bass neck-spaced pickup left over from a PJ conversion

Guitar Fuel (Tighe Falato) 3-band SBK EQ with sweep mid, 9/18v switchable. Right now it's in a shielded plastic outboard case.

Samick modded PJ bass, has a GFS overwound-vintage-pre in the neck, and a Bezdez fat-pole j-bass pickup at the bridge. Liked it so much that I want the 5-string version. Includes original pickups, which have (IMO) the best modern tone for recording of any of all my basses; this setup was for live work, and it pumps out a very satisfying fat bottom for live playing.

Ehh...there's a lot more, but that's enough for now.

Neophyte
    How much for the OLP pickguard??

Neophyte
    never mind... I just looked at the posting date.

Braindancer doesn't hang around Axetalk anymore, but I asked him about the OLP pickguard and he sent this:

"The last two Stingray 5 pickups I got were from Al's Bass Shop on ebay.* I was always able to find this pickguard just by using these keywords in an ebay search: "OLP guitar".* (Almost never more than a couple hundred hits.)

If that fails, the next-best option is to post a "wanted" posting on talkbass.com.* You need to be a paid member to do that, but the sale/trade forums alone are generally worth the cost of a membership anyway.

If THAT fails, I believe someone here can tell you the name of a US company that will cut any pickguard to your specs for $25; I would almost bet at even money that they'd have an existing template for the Ball/Sterling/MM/OLP Stingray 5."
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I've got a Stingray 4 string, with a fretless Precision bass neck fitted ny Kurt Wright. It's killer, but I no longer need it. Wonder what it's worth. Refinned natural blonde. Really a nice bass! Also have a 5-string Jackson. Don't need it either!
    Ya can't pick up a turd by the clean end