Thread: Wanted: Ibanez-type V-shaped strap posts (up to 2 dozen, all colors)

Wanted: Ibanez-type V-shaped strap posts (up to 2 dozen, all colors)

Remember those V-shaped strap posts that Ibanez slapped on the Roadstar II series guitars and basses? GOD I loved those things! I don't like strap locks other than those plastic Dunlop disks (which need to be modded to work properly), and these really are the next safest thing that I've found. I bought eight or ten back when they were available as cheap aftermarket accessories, but I've long since burned through them, and the Graphtech copies are really expensive up here, don't look as good, and only come in black.

If anyone's got some kicking around, I'd be willing to pay $7.50 a pair for 'em with or without screws and gaskets...you pay shipping...in black, gold or chrome. I could use up to a couple dozen; I'd like to have a few to give away, and I don't want to be without them again for a looong time. I'll leave this offer as valid up to a year after the posting date.

Oops...I just found out that these are now considered "rare vintage parts" and rarely sold for less than $20 each. Oh well...guess I'll settle for the Graphtech's. Moderators can delete this thread if they like...I had no idea they were this valuable.

Gibson had the Posi-Loks as well--same idea--they work great on my Iceman--and somebody is making copies/variations of the Gibson ones too.
    (Looked it up--it's Planet Waves About $5-10 a set)
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I appreciate the suggestion, but...same idea, different effect. The Ibanez', when pointed down, are virtually unremovable in normal use. I've had straps come off of these diamond-type posts more than once. The flanges just aren't big enough on these with the straps I use.

Well they work for my Iceman...

But if you prefer the Ibanez ones--hey go for it.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.