Thread: Hello from sunny Florida!

Neophyte

Hello from sunny Florida!

Hi A-T Community,

My name is Greg, 58, from central Florida.

I played primarily bass in a bar band in the 70's, but gave it up - it's a rough life. Sold all my gear in 1977 and quit playing for 25 years.

I started playing again just for fun in 2002, and then started collecting various guitars in 2009. When I played in the band, I played rhythm guitar, acoustic, and 12 string on some songs. So, I am trying to build a collection of various types of guitars and basses. Solid, semi-hollow, hollow, acoustic, single coil, humbucker, active, resonator, etc. When my wife complains I have too many guitars, and tell her she has too many shoes, and the discussion is over :-)

Since 2009, I have managed to get my collection up to 12 guitars, and 5 basses. Nothing major expensive, although my main bass wasn't cheap (Schecter Stiletto Studio 6). I do have several Epiphone guitars and basses, and a couple of Dean's also. I even have a couple of guitars and basses I have picked up off of Craigslist for crazy cheap. My motto is, if it plays good, and sounds good, why not. I even have a semi-hollow guitar that has no name on it, and no label inside the body, but sounds seriously bluesy!

I play mostly classic rock, and blues... especially blues.

Welcome to the forum, Greg. Happy to have you here.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Yes welcome--we're from all over and we like to talk guitar (or type it) and to look at gear pics too.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Welcome, and I like the line you tell you wife.
    But if her shoes cost as much as your guitars, that's real trouble!
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

welcome aboard RedDog!

dB