Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm new here

Hi, I'm new here

I'm from Houston, Texas, and my username is my current favorite guitar that I own, my Samick Greg Bennett Design GT Flying V that I got from eBay for $125. It has a GFS roller bridge, and GFS REDactive Golds pickups.

Here are some pix

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Hi and yes, welcome to the forum. And thanks for posting pics with your first post. That way we're not all guessing what you play.

That is quite a deal for $125. Can you tell us what you run it through? And why you are miking a PA speaker?
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

I have a Zoom G2Nu that I have hooked up to a MTX ThunderPro 2 that is powered by a Suoer car stereo. I also have a Korg GA40 tuner.

I'm miking the speaker with a Behringer XM8500 mic, I use that when I make (not very good) video examples of my playing.

Welcome aboard Flying V Lover!

dB

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Welcome aboard Flying V Lover!

dB
    Thanks die Bullen!

I'm not a Flying V fan, but we all have pretty diverse tastes in guitars here. I do really like the looks of that big bodied archtop in the left background of your pictures.....and, is that a black Strat I'm seeing a peak of?
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I'm not a Flying V fan, but we all have pretty diverse tastes in guitars here. I do really like the looks of that big bodied archtop in the left background of your pictures.....and, is that a black Strat I'm seeing a peak of?
    That's my Hohner HS40 hollowbody that I got from Mars Music here in Houston in the late '90s. I put GFS Mean 90s in it a few years ago.

Here are a couple more pix of it

The black Strat that you see is my oldest guitar, an Epi S310 that I got in the early '90s. Its had a lot of mods, including Mighty Mite single coil-sized humbuckers in the neck and middle, and a SD Hot Rails in the bridge. I got a Mighty Mite loaded pickguard from (I think) GuitarPartsOnline.com, but the bridge pickup was messed up. It was really noisy for some reason. So I swapped it out for the SD Hot Rails.

It also has a GFS Wilkinson "Fits All Strats" whammy that's a lot better than the one that came stock with the guitar. Here are a couple of pix of it

As you can see, I like stickers I get them from PosterPop.com and Redbubble.com
    Last edited by flyingvluvr; 02-13-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Welcome--I do see you like stickers...
    That was obvious--hey--they are your guitars...

And thanks for sharing pictures.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingvluvr View Post
    ...I have a Zoom G2Nu that I have hooked up to a MTX ThunderPro 2 that is powered by a Suoer car stereo. I also have a Korg GA40 tuner.
    Well, that will get the job done. Are you hoping to get a tube amp someday, or is this working for you?
    I have a Zoom MS-100BT, which has a lot of the same sounds as your G2Nu. The nice thing about the Zoom stuff is that even if you want to upgrade to the G3 or G5 (or get more portable with the MultiStomp series), you are already familiar with a lot of the core pedal and amp models that they all have.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingvluvr View Post
    ...I'm miking the speaker with a Behringer XM8500 mic, I use that when I make (not very good) video examples of my playing.
    Links to said videos?

What kind of music are you into? I see a Santana sticker on your music stand.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.