Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bout time I said hi eh

Hey zontar. If life were fair, I would be living in Newfoundland/Labrador. Peaceful. I don't think I would ever tire of the scenery. Folks are pretty cool too. If you can understand the speak.

Thanks wardo1219. Just been taking in strays for 'boot a year now. Last time I tried to thin the herd, I shed one (D-28p), and three more slipped in. I think I'll have to thin more often.

The '05 Larrivee OM-03, '84 K. Yairi (thin), and the Stella parlor are recent. So much more comfortable that the rest of the herd are pretty much case queens now. Love the OM. ☮

Edit: Oh! And one for doublewah.

Last edited by Blind Dog; 05-26-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Dog View Post
    Hey zontar. If life were fair, I would be living in Newfoundland/Labrador. Peaceful. I don't think I would ever tire of the scenery. Folks are pretty cool too. If you can understand the speak.
    I've met people from Newfoundland that only have an accent on a handful of words--or if they get excited & others that you have to listen carefully--but most were in between.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

My favorite NFLD expression: portipockets (= gloves)

It's tough to understand how Newfoundland is the only province in a time zone that's half an hour different than everybody else. Sometimes the words are tough to understand too.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

The time zone thing is just their thing...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.