Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bout time I said hi eh

bout time I said hi eh

Hi everyone, and thanks to Admin', and Members for allowing me to share the forum's resources. The grandkids call me 'Grumpy', and the last text from my wife (of 25 years) simply said, 'Assshole'.

I'm retired, fortunate the medical issue's pretty easy to live with -- if you enjoy playing guitar all day -- and there's perks that makes life on a (meager) pension pretty darn enjoyable. I get to hang 24/7/365 with my best buddy, "Healey", a blind 2 year-old sheltie. He was born with detached retinas, and he melts me. I pick, he naps, 's all good. His hearing is paramount, and I'm very mindful of db's. I play acoustics, almost exclusively, and my SG 50's Tribute has barely been plugged in. It's used a lot for early morning scales. I'm too lazy to do the headphone/wires/knobs thing. The little Marshall sits fallow. May pull the trigger on a Yamaha THR10. Figure my hollow body might get more use. I love jazz, but don't attempt it. I'm still fumblin with the blues, and wondering how Prine's Gs,Cs, and Ds sound so different from mine.

Sold off a bunch of vintage stereo gear, I had zero dollars in, and bought a bunch of guitars. I'm not getting any younger, and that old gear sure wasn't getting any lighter. I still have too much, but I avoided being recruited by the producers of, 'Extreme Hoarders', or 'Wives Who Kill'.

Main guitars are Yamaha -- '78 LCX-5E (handcrafted Taiwan Trigger), and an '79 FG-331. The 5E has the tone, and begs to be played hard, a flat picker's dream. The 331 curls up in your lap, and is pleasingly comfy over the long haul. Sounds good to me. I've got a '78 Guild D-35 (minty & free) that I'll always be sweet on. Gets played every few days. Pretty killer tone. Action stays like it just came off a skilled tech's bench.

I was researching a neat little Taro F-114 kijiji buy, when I ran into a post by "zontar". (The guy knows stuff.) And that's what brought me here.

I'm blessed to have almost all the guitars I need. And I'm looking forward to learning more about them here. ☮

Like pic's? I like pic's.

My cross-eyed cutie-pie.

The Taro getting pimped for campfire duties. I played the crap out of it, for about a week, before sending it to the gkids' farm. Fun size, and it just begged to be played.

The brood before the L series brought on gas.

Stumbled on a very rare & early L series Yamaha LCX-5E, for the money I had in my pocket for new sneakers. A very gracious, world respected artist, had decided to let it move on. Used up a lot of karma that Sunday morning.

These are great for old shoulders. Just got this about a week ago. Instantly knew we would be spending considerable time together. '79 FG-331

Watching the front porch for this. (kijiji pic)

Hint: web lore says they were made for the Japanese market in only '86 & '87

welcome aboard BD!

Hi, and welcome to the forum, BD. You've got some nice instruments.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Welcome, DB!
    You write like a pulp fiction novel. I look forward to reading your posts.

I'm in love with your dog.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Thanks die bullen, spellcaster, & doublewah.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    I'm in love with your dog.
    He's showing signs of being a keeper. Wanted to call him 'Ray' but he kept losing the damn glasses.

Welcome--great to have another Canadian--even if you are from BC--j/k--we welcome all provinces & territories here....
    Thanks for the pics
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Thanks zontar. Born in Saskatchewan, grew up in Ontario, spent most of my life in Alberta, and BC -- call the Maritime provinces 'home'.

Long way away.

Well you've certainly gotten around then...
    I've visited all of the provinces except Newfoundland.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Welcome sir. I am also new but thought I would reach out anyway
    Wardo