Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello and thanks for the warm welcome

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome

Hello all,
    My name is Bill and I love almost anything guitar. I love to build and rebuild guitars. I also build boards, cases and just about anything else guitar. I have been nosing around a bit and posted a few times in the past couple of days. I have been made to feel more than welcome by a few very nice guys. I have read forums in the past but stopped because I always felt like an outsider. In a matter of days that feeling has gone away, so it looks like you might just be stuck with me. Even though I have around 18 guitars I do not collect guitars and I don't have any really high end stuff. The best made are most likely the Yamaha's . They are all projects in some sort of way. My two favorite that I have are both old Lotus MIJ. One LP and one S body with a nice skunk stripe. The odd thing is I do not play. I might try to learn someday but for now I just love working on them. I am posting pictures of an oak pedal board with stained and lacquered tweed case i
    am doing along with a guitar I am building for my brother. The guitar is hands down the coolest thing I have painted so far. It has three rails from GFS that I have wired with a standard five way. I then installed three mini toggles mounted under the PG So only the black tips are exposed. One toggle for each HB with the choice of series, parallel and split for each coil. I also have a couple Schottky Diodes wired to a pot for some on board dirt without using a battery. Still a few things to wrap up before she gets put in the case I am going to build. I was told I should mention what I am up to but now I feel I am rambling. Thanks again for the nice welcome
    Wardo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170123_185615.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	3978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170123_185557.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	3979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161221_224527.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	3980   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161221_225429.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	3981  

We're happy to have you here. It's a bit like Christmas when we get a new member who actually posts and participates. The neat thing is that everybody brings something different to the table, and we're all able to feed off it and learn. You appear to be a natural craftsman....I really like the pedalboard, and the tweed's interesting. Anyway, we love pictures and are always happy to see more. Glad you're sticking around.....There's a chair here with your name on it.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    We're happy to have you here. It's a bit like Christmas when we get a new member who actually posts and participates. The neat thing is that everybody brings something different to the table, and we're all able to feed off it and learn. You appear to be a natural craftsman....I really like the pedalboard, and the tweed's interesting. Anyway, we love pictures and are always happy to see more. Glad you're sticking around.....There's a chair here with your name on it.
    And it's Spell's turn to buy the next round...

Here's an official welcome

Hello & Welcome
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Wardo, you will not find a mean bone in any of the bodies of the guys who hang around here.
    I hope we see lots of you here.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Welcome aboard, Wardo!

When I read "Hello and thanks for the warm welcome", I wanna say:

I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    When I read "Hello and thanks for the warm welcome", I wanna say:

Yes I get the reference--but it sounds like you're leaving...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Yes I get the reference--but it sounds like you're leaving...
    I ain't going nowhere.
    One phrase made another one ring in my head, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    I ain't going nowhere.
    One phrase made another one ring in my head, is all.
    Well I thought so--but it may have concerned wardo...

Slightly but I didn't want to overreact being the new guy and all. I just figured I missed something. I am just glad to see someone looking at a post of mine. This is all as dangerous as guitar as far as getting sucked in.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.