Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello everybody!

Hello everybody!

Iím Frank and Iíve been addicted to guitars and to listening to music for a loooong time. I play a little (Understatement? No!) bass and act as a guitar tech for my family, friends and my buddy who runs a guitar school. Oh, and I love tube amps (especially early ones without PCBs) just as much. My thoughts seem to always whirl around these topics.

For example right now Iím wondering why old Fender pilot lights never do break down!?! Do they?

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Thanks spellcaster. Interesting place .. and lonely at weekends. I've been browsing the headstock thread - cool! Gonna add one tomorrow that's quite similar to the very first one.

Quote Originally Posted by French Army Knife View Post
    .................For example right now I’m wondering why old Fender pilot lights never do break down!?! Do they?
    I'm assuming you mean burned out bulbs in pilot lights? I've actually had a couple fail over the years. My Bassman 135 that I bought used had a burned bulb when I got it, and my old SuperTwin Reverb came with no bulb in it at all.

So, you have some amp tech expertise? It would be great to have someone with some expertise around here all the time.

BY the way, we're interested to know about any gear you own and we love pictures!
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post

BY the way, we're interested to know about any gear you own and we love pictures!
    Which you can see by several threads--including the headstock one

Welcome
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Well, I've done a lot of successful repairs and mods of all sorts but I'm in no way an enineer. At least I'm skilled in terms of mechanics and good at gathering information from clever people I know or from superb websites like tdpri, guitarnuts or thelikes. Solving problems has always been a pleasure to me, so if I can be of help I'll surely join in.

We've got a couple of guitars and Silverfaces in the house and I would have bought a blonde showmaster the other week if it had not been overkill for our purposes (power-wise).

Thanks for your welcome! You have a cool and easy going website forum here. Today I enjoyed the Chicago vid very much (Terry Kath is one of my all time heros) and the TC- Electronic pedal vid is super interesting from the marketing/economical perspective.

Here's my first guitar. I got it for my son to use it in school but he likes his Strat better. At the time it left Kalamazoo it had been a blonde custom. In the 80ies someone built in a Floyd Rose and later he had made it professionally undone. During that process it was transfered into a black beauty. When I bought it for 1,5k $ I knew it was not a museum piece but it sure looks like one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	4339
    (Headstock upclose in the headstock thread, p.54)

Nice guitar.
    Less modded than mine--which was modded before I got it--and so I felt free to mod it some more (As I didn't like all the mods)--and got it for a great price.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Welcome aboard French Army Knife!

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Welcome aboard French Army Knife!
    Hey thanks dieBullen! Did you know that there's a football (soccer) team here in Germany that's called 'die Bullen'? But I reckon your avatar is rather related to the stock exchange?

Right now as I'm typing this, my favourite soccer team, Eintracht Frankfurt (it's where I come from), scores the third goal vs. Olympic Marseille - hooray!
    Last edited by French Army Knife; 11-29-2018 at 04:29 PM.