Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worship Set

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    That looks like way more than a hundred.
    We have over that--and we're way smaller.

We play three of those songs, but they sound quite different--but it fits us.
    Normally if I play on a Sunday, it's bass--but sometimes guitar.
    Hey zontar! How different do you guys play it? The main center has conservative pastors that likes to make all songs a little bit traditional and instrumental.. as you can hear, with the synth and all.. that's why I was also holding back on heavy overdrives.. It was my first time playing in the main center.. so it's kind of a big deal to me for having this experience!

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    ...so it's kind of a big deal to me for having this experience!
    It is a big deal, and I'm glad you shared it with us.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Thanks double wah!

Hey zontar! How different do you guys play it? The main center has conservative pastors that likes to make all songs a little bit traditional and instrumental.. as you can hear, with the synth and all.. that's why I was also holding back on heavy overdrives.. It was my first time playing in the main center.. so it's kind of a big deal to me for having this experience!
    We do ours more straightforward--we do sometimes have two keyboards, but it's less ethereal I guess.
    But it suits the people we have.
    We tend to have different combinations of people, as nobody plays every week.
    So it can have a different flavour at times, especially when our main guy isn't there.
    But he influences it the most.

Still that's one thing that's cool about different churches--the music is different.

It is a cool experience as well.
    Earlier ones can be a bit nerve wracking.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

It sounded very good to me you didn't get lost in the mix I could hear you througout the entire first song. I come from a very traditional Church service. My Grandmother would have been insulted if she heard a guitar solo with heavy OD.

Quote Originally Posted by edandis View Post
    It sounded very good to me you didn't get lost in the mix I could hear you througout the entire first song. I come from a very traditional Church service. My Grandmother would have been insulted if she heard a guitar solo with heavy OD.
    Thanks! I was afraid of clashing with the synth.. I really dont have experience playing with big bands, and I dont have experience in playing in this kind of auditorium. its my first in everything.. and it was a surreal experience!

...I really dont have experience playing with big bands, and I dont have experience in playing in this kind of auditorium. its my first in everything.. and it was a surreal experience!
    All said, I think you did a fabulous job!
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

You sir, are kind! double wah!

You sir, are kind! double wah!
    Hey, that's why I hang around this place. We support each other's endeavour's.

Neophyte
    Way to go, Blues! I play in the band at my church, and it's a real kick, so I can appreciate where you're coming from.