Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worship Set

Worship Set

Hi guys! it's been a while since I posted here. I'm just very busy and havent got time to go to forums. but don't think I've forgotten about you. LOL

I just wanted to share our worship set for today. I'm the lead guitars and I'm playing my no.1 Baja.. I made a lot of mistakes, LOL and there are some notes that are not in tune, maybe because I put new strings on the night before and just did my best to stretch them and get it ready and it's hard to get my intonation spot on with a three saddle bridge! nevertheless, Hope you'll be blessed with the songs we did! have a great day everyone and God bless you guys!

I'll post the rig later! we didnt have amps, we were plugged in straight and I just used an amp modeler.

so here's the rig. I'm connected straight to the PA.

Fender Baja Telecaster, 11's string (always on the bridge pickup)

Snark Pedal Tuner
    Danelectro Cool Cat
    Ibanez TS9+
    Boss DD-7
    Tech21 Sans Amp "Blondie"

Wow that is a heck of a church setup- huge stage- must be a massive PA. How many people are in the congregation?

I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Blues, can you give us the minutes/seconds of any of your highlights?
    I can't find you, bud!
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Wow that is a heck of a church setup- huge stage- must be a massive PA. How many people are in the congregation?
    I think it's about more than a hundred every service. The services times are 9am, 12pm and 3pm. This was the 12pm service since this is the cleanest set we did. After the first service (9am) we went into the band room and reviewed our set, discussed the mistakes and also how to improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Blues, can you give us the minutes/seconds of any of your highlights?
    I can't find you, bud!
    Hey bud, I'm the one playing with a blonde Baja Tele. pretty much every guitar sound you hear is me. I didn't expect it to be that way.. I thought I was guitar #2 since I'm the newest in the band.. so when I was playing the 9am service, I thought I was just giving the ambient sounds and supporting the band during the practice before the 9am and the soundcheck, but when we reviewed the set, it turned out they made me guitar #1, but I just did what I practiced and praise God, it turned out pretty well I think for the other services..

I know it's like 20+mins of video, but if you watched it whole, you'll hear lots of me. Hahaha.

You missed my point. Yes, I recognized you now and then, when the cameraman panned up and stopped halfway up your head, or when you were in the distance.

I thought there might be some high-lights - solos or intros or something.

Anyway, great to see you playing, and playing music you love, for a reason you love.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    I think it's about more than a hundred every service.
    That looks like way more than a hundred.
    We have over that--and we're way smaller.

We play three of those songs, but they sound quite different--but it fits us.
    Normally if I play on a Sunday, it's bass--but sometimes guitar.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    You missed my point. Yes, I recognized you now and then, when the cameraman panned up and stopped halfway up your head, or when you were in the distance.

I thought there might be some high-lights - solos or intros or something.

Anyway, great to see you playing, and playing music you love, for a reason you love.
    Oh, sorry doublewah, I didnt get it. But I think the only solo I did was for the bridge in the first song. Other than that, it was all chord inversions and plucking here and there.. and yeah, I don't really like soloing that much since Im not really good at it! LOL