Thread: Little Wing (Intro) cover!

Little Wing (Intro) cover!

So, I setup my new to me Partscaster, changed from 9's to 11's, tweaked everything, and now for the sound test.

Forgive me for the sloppyness. I have to pick up the guitar more than once a month. work is getting crazier nowadays. This is the first time in a long time that I spent time with a guitar, not to mention practicing on it and playing some songs on it.

Last edited by itsallintheblues; 01-25-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Cool--that's my favorite Hendrix tune, although my favorite version of it is SRV's--but Jimi does a great job as well.

Not bad--with a bit of practice it will sound real good.
    I have trouble playing that one with some of the changes...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Nicely done, Blues. Sounds like you are more into the SRV version than Hendrix's.
    If you really want to dig into the tune, spend some time with Eric Gales' versions.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Cool--that's my favorite Hendrix tune, although my favorite version of it is SRV's--but Jimi does a great job as well.

Not bad--with a bit of practice it will sound real good.
    I have trouble playing that one with some of the changes...
    Thank you zontar! Ive learned it a long time ago but its my first tine recording it. In my head the timing is more like what I played, but it's far from the original. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    Nicely done, Blues. Sounds like you are more into the SRV version than Hendrix's.
    If you really want to dig into the tune, spend some time with Eric Gales' versions.
    Hi doublewah, thank you. I listen more to SRV than jimi. How can you tell? I like SRV's version as well

Will check out eric gale

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Thank you zontar! Ive learned it a long time ago but its my first tine recording it. In my head the timing is more like what I played, but it's far from the original. Haha
    It's okay to do it your own way...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Hi doublewah, thank you. I listen more to SRV than jimi. How can you tell?...
    Aah, what do I know? On first listen, it made me think of Stevie, on second listen, more of Jimi.
    I guess that means you are doing something right

This is my favourite Eric Gales version, with friends. Three fine guitar players, treating the song and each other with respect:

I love the diminished chords Eric uses.
    Last edited by doublewah; 01-28-2017 at 03:43 AM.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

The song has lots of potential to be done a number of ways...