Thread: Salvation is Here - Hillsongs United (Cover)

Salvation is Here - Hillsongs United (Cover)

Here's a live song test for the strat.

I gotta get used to these low output pickups. I have set the overdrive gain level pretty much where my other guitars would be really dirty. but this one stays clear and clean.

I only have my transparent OD and my delay on for this song. There's still a lot to improve in my playing, It's not clean! I commit mistakes every 5 secs. LOL

So do you try & make it sound like the originals? Or do you just do it how it suits your musicians?

I don't know if you call anything we do covers--as we just do them our own way.

I played guitar this week for the first time in a long time--been playign bass when I'm on--so today I was on guitar & the second guitarist from last week was on bass.

I only used gain or distortion of any sort for one song--but had echo on most of them (slight for more of a doubling sound)--and an octaver on for just over half.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    So do you try & make it sound like the originals? Or do you just do it how it suits your musicians?

I don't know if you call anything we do covers--as we just do them our own way.

I played guitar this week for the first time in a long time--been playign bass when I'm on--so today I was on guitar & the second guitarist from last week was on bass.

I only used gain or distortion of any sort for one song--but had echo on most of them (slight for more of a doubling sound)--and an octaver on for just over half.
    Well, first of all, my only basis for 60's tone would be hendrix and SRV. Not sure who else uses 60's stratocasters. So I really dont have an idea on what the tone is.

I'm just surprised on how low output these things are. even if I use my stage 2 drive, it's still clear and crisp. I dont want it the other way though, it just surprised me. It's all good.

Yeah, I just put covers so I dont get into any copyright thing on youtube or wherever. LOL

My first stratocaster didnt sound like this. I like this very much, and gives me a solid foundation of clean tone. I guess I'm not changing anything for now. Unless a telecaster bug gets me again, this will stay in my care for now and enjoy the feel and vibe this one gives me.

Ok---I used a Mustang today--partly for the reason of output.
    Although next time I may use my archtop...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I really wish my church would get out of the hymnal and play something modern.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by etechstan View Post
    I really wish my church would get out of the hymnal and play something modern.
    We have a mixture--some old hymns are easy to play--so are not...

I believe most of those older hymns were written for piano and organ. Most of the transcribing websites like CCLI don't understand that the guitar isn't intended to chord the melody.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

I believe most of those older hymns were written for piano and organ. Most of the transcribing websites like CCLI don't understand that the guitar isn't intended to chord the melody.
    Better to play on the trumpet!

Sometimes just voice as well.