Thread: Homemade CD Won't Play

Homemade CD Won't Play

I made a homemade CD of some original music. It plays fine on my boom box CD player but won't play in my car CD player. The car CD player says "bad track." I am puzzled how a CD can work on one CD player and not another. It's a new CD, I just made it.
    Video playing acoustic guitar at the beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
    Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8

recorded at a data CD and the car only plays audio CD's? Or maybe a different compression ratio than supported on the car's player?

I have the same problem in reverse - my car deck plays everything, but my box in the garage won't play homemade CDs. I've found that this is true of a lot of older units.
    I crawl like a viper through these suburban streets.

Did you burn the files as MP3 or Wav format? I think I've had problems with original songs of mine I've burned that didn't want to play in the MP3 format.

Make sure that you use the audio-CD format for a player that can`t play mp3s. Audio-CDs are sampled at 44100 Hz, 16 Bit Stereo (WAV). If not, there are problems on (especially) older drives. I had a few that had a 48000 Hz sample rate, which is normally used for DAT. Using 32 bit can cause problems as well.