Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Studio construction - looking for advice

I just got an update from my buddy....The painting's finished, flooring done, most of the lighting is in, and the acoustic damping panels are installed in the drum room. I'm going over some time in the next few nights to help him install the playback system (some commercial Bose system that was being torn out of an institutional setting when he was doing other work onsite). There's still the mixers, amps, monitors and PA to be installed, but he's definitely close to ready.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

It sounds like it's pretty much ready to go. My buddy's trying to organize a bunch of us to get together there and play next Wednesday night. It'll be nice to play again. Sounds like the drummer might be a friend that I last played with about 45 years ago. The band I started playing with a few weeks ago appears to be circling the drain, so hopefully this new thing will work out to be something more long-term. Anyway, looking forward to being one of the first to play in the new studio, after all the years of planning and construction.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

very cool- I haven't played in a studio in ages