Thread: Recording, old style

Recording, old style

I've been feeling the urge to do some recording but don't have the technical expertise to do it with computer stuff. I have a Nakamichi TriTracer 700, probably antiquated by today's standards, but it was a 3000.00 machine in the mid seventies...three heads, three motors, adjustable azimuth, adjustable pitch, three channel recording capability, etc. I did some band recordings with it about thirty years ago (I think using three SM-57's) which still sound decent today . The only mike I have at my disposal is a Shure PE56D. Any idea how that would work out as an instrument mike, plugged into the center channel of the Nakamichi , sitting on a gooseneck stand a couple of feet in front of my Twin/Dual Showman box? I know this probably sounds pretty bear-skins-and-stone-knives to you guys that are doing this digitally, but I have an affinity for analog and it's technology I understand.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I bought on of these last year to record rehearsals with the church band but it fell apart before I had a chance to use it. I may have to mess around.
    TASCAM DR-05 Solid State Recorder | Musician's Friend
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

amazing values for old analog recording equipment nowadays- and top quality sound.