Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyes in the night-early demo version

Eyes in the night-early demo version

Here is a new tune I'm working on , its all been done in my spare bedroom-as close to a studio as I can get for now-really still a spare bedroom though..
    I used my Xaviere Les Paul Special copy with the P90s for the rhythm guitar, an Ibanez Jazz Bass for the low end, some crazy jungle sounding patches from my Ensoniq SQ-80 sythesizer for some overall weirdness, drum loops from my Yamaha YDD-60, lead solos from my Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a AT2020 condenser mic for my vocals.
    Its still plenty rough and I may redo some of the lyrics and the vocals but its a start, so any comments are welcome!
    --Tony

SoundClick artist: Anfontan - page with MP3 music downloads

Sounds good- you might want to put a hint (and I mean a HINT) of studio reverb on the vocals

Wow, good ole 70's rock n roll still lives!!! I wish I had the chance to hear it on my good PC, this laptop only lets the highs out. The Epiphone sounds great, or the player makes the Epiphone sound great. I'll give a better review when I can hear it through a sub woofer.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Sounds good- you might want to put a hint (and I mean a HINT) of studio reverb on the vocals
    Thanks for the compliment dB, I added a bit of reverb to the drum part to give it a live sound. I was leaving things pretty dry for the initial demo, I know my vocal needs some reverb-and it's rough in some spots for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by etechstan View Post
    Wow, good ole 70's rock n roll still lives!!! I wish I had the chance to hear it on my good PC, this laptop only lets the highs out. The Epiphone sounds great, or the player makes the Epiphone sound great. I'll give a better review when I can hear it through a sub woofer.
    Thanks a bunch Stan, I was channeling my heavy Rock & Roll days from the 1970's! That Epi Les Paul is one that I decided on after playing about a dozen other Epi Les Pauls-it had the sound, the setup and great action, and was somewhat lighter than the other guitars. Hopefully the MP3 will sound good with the sub woofer!

Laptop speakers just don't cut it for listening to music unless you're into treble. Do you know what pups are in that Epi?
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by etechstan View Post
    Laptop speakers just don't cut it for listening to music unless you're into treble. Do you know what pups are in that Epi?
    The bridge pickup is a stock Epiphone Alnico Classic Humbucker, the neck p'up is a 4 wire humbucker from GFS that I wanted to coil split-I like the sound of a Hum in the bridge and a single coil blended using the middle position. The label on the original Epi neck pickup says-
    57CH(G)Dot Neck bridge LP Neck BHC
    Here is the label from the Epi bridge pickup-
    HOTCH(G) LP: bridge BHC
    I did change the 3 way switch out for a switchcraft-the feel is much smoother. I was considering changing the Epi bridge for a DiMarzio Pro but I told myself that the stock pickup sounds great--so leave it alone!
    I do use a nylon Dunlop 1mm for my electric and acoustic guitars, and I hit the strings pretty hard, so that also figures into my sound as well.
    Last edited by anfontan; 06-08-2012 at 09:01 PM.

That would be a good song to play live. I like the guitars.
    Video playing acoustic guitar at the beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
    Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8

Sounds good. All it needs is more cowbell.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahDoIt View Post
    That would be a good song to play live. I like the guitars.
    Thanks a lot for the compliment YeahDoIt, I would like to do it live someday, maybe. A good friend in the Home Recording forum has offered to do a remix of the tracks I recorded, and I'm really looking forward to see how it turns out! The guitars are some cheap ones that I feel have some great mojo!
    Here is the rhythm guitar-

The solos were my Epi L. P. Standard

My trust old Ibanez bass-
    "Minister of useless trivia-that says it all!"