Thread: A & H Mix Wizard - Anybody used one?

A & H Mix Wizard - Anybody used one?

My buddy just bought an Allan & Heath Mix Wizard for his studio. I'd never even heard of the brand before and was initially a little dubious, but I've read a couple of favourable online reviews. Anybody know anything about them?
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I was looking for a live sound mixer a few years back and a local store had one that he showed me, it looked like a nice board but it was way overkill for what I needed. I can see it would be a great studio mixer though.

I ended up getting a Peavey PV14 Mixer with effects and a set of powered speakers-it makes a quick setup and teardown.
    "Minister of useless trivia-that says it all!"

Thanks, Anfontan.....Good to get some feedback - I was beginning to think I'd stumped the forum! And, it's a reassurance to know that these things have been around a while and appear to be credible. I get really nervous about expensive gear from a company whose name I've never encountered before. Yeah, I think it's got some features that would be studio friendly......From what I've read, I think there's dedicated mix-monitor signals and headphone adjustments for each channel, which eliminates the need to buy additional gear that'll do that.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."