Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to spend my giftcards & cash

I plan to head out once I feel better.
    In the meantime I'm considering why I want each type of gear, etc.
    And I'm checking them out online.
    So probably next week I'll check things out.
    But I also might wait for a mid winter sale they hold each year.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I just spent some of my Christmas money....bought a metal replica headstock logo for my 65 Zenon. EZ-PZ's got a nice assortment of badges for old MIJ guitars.

Last edited by spellcaster; 01-03-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I'm getting someone to make up a decal for the headstock of my LP copy--which is currently blank--it came with a sticker that si no longer there--fell off over the years.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

If you are computer savvy, this is an excellent alternative to a traditional keyboard.

http://www.amazon.ca/M-Audio-Advanced-Semi-Weighted-Controller-9900-51413-10/dp/B000EMB3HS
    It's a midi controller that comes in various lengths of 25 keys to 84 (I think). The keys are weighted and velocity sensitive. You plug it into your laptop or computer, and then from your computer to your PA. You can then use any midi based software to load your sounds. Sample Tank is relatively cheap, and they have a light version as well.
    It can also be used to control midi effects, if you're into that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Mreilander; 01-06-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mreilander View Post
    If you are computer savvy, this is an excellent alternative to a traditional keyboard.

http://www.amazon.ca/M-Audio-Advanced-Semi-Weighted-Controller-9900-51413-10/dp/B000EMB3HS
    It's a midi controller that comes in various lengths of 25 keys to 84 (I think). The keys are weighted and velocity sensitive. You plug it into your laptop or computer, and then from your computer to your PA. You can then use any midi based software to load your sounds. Sample Tank is relatively cheap, and they have a light version as well.
    It can also be used to control midi effects, if you're into that sort of thing.
    Cool, if I see one I may check it out--but the computer stuff isn't a selling point for me.
    I'd also have to get a better computer.
    When I got a digital recorder I got a standalone one--although I could hook it up with a computer.
    But thanks for sharing.

....and I think I'm just about through my Christmas money. I bought the Zenon headstock logo for my '65, and it arrived this afternoon. Stopped at the pawnshop on the way home from work, and walked out with a used hardshell case. It looked so small compared to others there that I wasn't sure I'd even be able to fit my red Duosonic with the 22.7" neck. The guy offered it to me cheap with a promise that I could return it if it's too small. The Duosonic looks tiny in it! I tried my Cabronita with the 22.5" neck, and it fit too. Finally tried a full-size Tele, and it fit. Unbelievable. Anyway, happy that I've acquired a fairly universal case. I emailed the shop to let them know I'd be hanging on to it.

Also, invited them to make me a deal on a black case that was quite a bit wider looking than the one I brought home today.....Looks like a black Fender deluxe case, but has no logos. I have a feeling I need something much wider than a standard Tele/Strat size for the Strat>Jag offset body that I'm building. Internet wisdom is that a Jaguar needs a bigger case than a Strat. They'll sell me that case for 50.00, so I've asked them to hold it and I'll be in after work tomorrow.

That's the end of the Christmas cash.......although, I haven't got around to buying myself a Christmas present this year, lol.

Zontar, have you done any shopping, or window-shopping?
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post

Zontar, have you done any shopping, or window-shopping?
    Not yet--I re-injured myself...
    And I'll probably wait at least until the February sale to buy stuff--but I may pop in this week or next.

Well, it's spent--see my NMD thread...

I couldn't resist posting a picture again...