Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recording software

Quote Originally Posted by Mreilander View Post
    Just realized I missed half the posts talking about you already getting the unit, but if you ever want to look at computer based DAW's, here's a good place to start https://music.tutsplus.com/articles/...s--audio-11773
    Thank you for the link- actually a good friend of mine is really into messing around with DAW's, etc. and I think he has some fairly powerful equipment. I talked to him the other night and he's going to help me out with some of the post-production aspects. Once we get phase 1 of simple recordings, which will be soon, it is time to start figuring out what to do with these raw recordings- coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Actually it is the DP24SD...

Yeah it already is fun- even my wife (who has never been interested in music gear in any way) has shown some interest in learning how to use it.
    That could be cool...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Yeah get the whole family involved!

I have a brother who is a drummer -but that would be about it for me--although some others have taken lessons of some sort...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

We're going to start using this thing to record all the band rehearsals. Not for usable footage but rather to optimize positioning mics in the room

We're going to start using this thing to record all the band rehearsals. Not for usable footage but rather to optimize positioning mics in the room
    Recording rehearsal is a great idea as a learning tool and for ideas.

Yeah what the heck- I have the unit. No reason not to use it.

So you are going to be rehearsing your material, plus rehearsing recording techniques.
    I like it!
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Yeah what the heck- I have the unit. No reason not to use it.
    I need to use mine more often...
    Even if it is only to go direct when I am riffing away to see if I have song parts/instrument parts that fit together.

Quote Originally Posted by doublewah View Post
    So you are going to be rehearsing your material, plus rehearsing recording techniques.
    I like it!
    Yeah we really need to do that. Inviting the band over and blindly recording won't give us good results. I like to minimize making the whole band come over unless I really need it. I don't need that yet. We usually rehearse without drums.