Thread: Reaper

Reaper

Anyone here using Reaper to record?

I downloaded and installed it yesterday to give it a trial run and am trying to work my way through what looks to be a pretty arduous learning curve.

I was using Riffworks for a while but found it a bit limiting and tried a demo of Ableton and didn't care for it much but so far Reaper seems to be pretty good.

Any feedback or tips from users?
    My Web Page: The Single Coil
    My AxeTalk Blog: Random Notes

I don't use Reaper. How is it going?
    Video playing acoustic guitar at the beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
    Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8

I tried to use Reaper several times but I always went back to either Cool Edit Pro or Audition 1.5. I started out on Cool Edit and really like the effects and mixing features-I'm an old dog that can't learn new tricks easily, I suppose.

I know of quite a few people on the Home Recording site that use Reaper and have great results-they even have a forum devoted to Reaper. I'll see if I can get you a link and maybe your questions can be answered there...here's the link---

Don't Fear The Reaper - Home Recording

I don't use Reaper. How is it going?
    So far it's going pretty good. I've figured out how to add a Backing Track on a track and add a track for recording along with how to use plugins and I've recorded a few things. Still learning though.

I tried to use Reaper several times but I always went back to either Cool Edit Pro or Audition 1.5. I started out on Cool Edit and really like the effects and mixing features-I'm an old dog that can't learn new tricks easily, I suppose.

I know of quite a few people on the Home Recording site that use Reaper and have great results-they even have a forum devoted to Reaper. I'll see if I can get you a link and maybe your questions can be answered there...here's the link---
    Yeah I found the forum; still trying to find the 'simple' stuff though. Most of the tips and advice I've seen so far is way over my head.

Once I got the general idea of how to use the program for simple recording, I realized it's pretty easy to use. But there's still a lot of complicated stuff I haven't even begun to learn yet.
    My Web Page: The Single Coil
    My AxeTalk Blog: Random Notes