Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pedalmania?

I am using a One Spot for most of the pedals.
    The Strymon came with an adapter, so I use that as well.
    I have used batteries, but I got tired of having to change them all the time and keep track of the power left in them.
    Some of the pedals above don't take batteries though.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

VHT makes a thingy that changes the impedance for long pedal chains, called the Valvulator.
    not for power, but I thought I'd mention it, as I'm told they really make a difference in a long chain.
    "The problem with the internet (and e-mails) is you cannot hear someones voice, see them smile, nor notice a tongue planted firmly in cheek" - Andy Fuchs

I haven't been able to locate the specific VHT item you're talking about, FC, but I'm reasonably sure it'll be a high to low impedance converter. I can see that being a handy item because once the guitar or pedal board is low impedance, you can use very long cable runs to the amplifier with no loss.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

VHT was the Company of Mr. Fryette, so the valvulator is now under His brand name.
    Mr. Fryette also has a nice explanation of how the Valvulator helps modeling units:
    (Like the Eleven Rack I got for free with Protools)

go to 15:10 - where He discusses this.
    Very educational for a newb like Me.
    "The problem with the internet (and e-mails) is you cannot hear someones voice, see them smile, nor notice a tongue planted firmly in cheek" - Andy Fuchs

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I'm curious about what you guys use for power.....Do you use batteries, individual pedal power supplies, or some type of pedal-powering multi-supply?

One of the items on my current list of projects is to refurbish my pedal board. It's been quite a while, but I seem to remember that one of my dissatisfactions that led me to stop using it (and discovering the joy of plugging in direct) was that the OneSpot power supply I was using was becoming noisy.
    I use a One-Spot to power this board. You're not the first guy I've heard the noise complaint from, but personally I've never had that problem. I guess mileage varies.
    I crawl like a viper through these suburban streets.

Which Dano pedal is that?
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Which Dano pedal is that?
    That's the Cool Cats Tremolo.
    I crawl like a viper through these suburban streets.

I'm not 100% sure the One Spot's the problem with my board yet. I've discovered over time that the patchcords I bought for it are on the verge of being slightly too long where the molded end terminates on the plug side. There's a possibility that they might not be inserting quite far enough and I wonder if that might be where the noise issue originates.

I keep saying the pedal board's on my list of things to do, but it got preempted by the Tele. When I do take it apart to redo the solder joints at the input and output, I'm going to carve the molded plugs back a bit just to make sure they're inserting all the way. I'm still not sure I'll use the pedals much, but you never know.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Dumbloid.
    599.00 for a pedal?
    are You f-
    -what?
    ............it makes Your amp sound like a Dumble?

.........well, in that case.....

basically, each little knob is a filter, and when I had the single version of this,
    I set each knob to a different "note" and got some really interesting (albiet 1 trick) sounds.