Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedalmania?

Pedalmania?

I was trying out all my pedals today in different combinations, trying to figure out which ones I might get rid of, and confirm the ones I'm keeping, and seeing what I need space wise for a pedalboard.
    So here's what I was playing through--just for fun, and because I was asked for pictures of my most recent pedal purchase, and I was also influenced by some other comments around these parts...
    So first the keepers-
    The Dano Fish & Chips EQ--easy to use, and dirt cheap (I got it used for about a 5th of the new price.)

The Strymon Brigadier Delay- (I won this pedal and reviewed it here a while back)

The Dano FAB chorus (Also cheap & used--a nice subtle chorus)
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Keepers part 2
    A DOD FX53 Classic Tube (Distortion pedal--it was a gift, and I love the warm sounds you can get, I don't turn the drive up much further than it is in the picture or it gets a bit harsh)

Empress Distortion (I won this one and reviewed it here as well--quite versatile)

Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Bought used--cool sounds, especially with bass.)
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Keepers part 3
    Boss DS-1 Distortion (A gift years ago--and I love it--unmodded and going to stay that way--with three distortions set differently I can use them one by one, any two or all three for more variety)

The jury is still out-
    Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion (I bought this at a half price sale-it's basically the same as a DS-1 with a feedback/sustain option-the novelty of that has worn off, and I have three other distortion pedals I like, so maybe this one will go--but it will be sad in a way if it does.)

Boss PH-1 Phaser (A gift, but I tend not to use this too much. Every now & then I'll plug it in, but I don't know that I'd use it much. On the other hand I don't know how much people would want to buy an older phase shifter with all the stuff that is out now)

Rockman Stereo Echo-(Not a pedal as such, but an effect-I bought this on sale--for less than half price of what they went for, I got it well after these were discontinued. It works great, but I don't have other rack effects, and it's sometimes a hassle to set up--although I could work it into my recording stuff. STill I have the STrymon, and eve though this is different, if I got the right offer, it could be gone.)

?What to do?

If I find the right buyer, with an interest in old Boss pedals then this one is gone as I got it on sale, but still probably overpaid for it. I would sell it for less than I paid though.
    I used it it sort of as a Chorus and sort of as a phase shifter, and sometimes as a flanger--which is what it is.
    A Boss BF-1 (Excuse the grainy picture)

Of course all of this could change tomorrow.

Nice, Z!
    I've heard alot of good stuff about Strymon, and that Distortion Empress also looks interesting.
    going to look at Your reviews today, winning pedals is also quite interesting, too :P

the only 2 I still have and use are the TC Electronics type p210 chorus pitch modulator/ flanger,
    and a proco rat distortion (which I don't use).

I haven't looked into pedals in a long Time, when (if) I go to winter namm, that will be one of My missions.
    I'll be posting alot, and I mean alot of pix.

Here's one from last year's winter namm:
    "The problem with the internet (and e-mails) is you cannot hear someones voice, see them smile, nor notice a tongue planted firmly in cheek" - Andy Fuchs

Well if you do get to NAMM, I hope you get some cool pictures.

My favourite NAMM site is NAMM Oddities--and that's what I would be looking for if I ever got to go to a NAMM show.

Nice stuff guys. I got to get to work on a pedal board but I keep building guitars Hahaha!
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

my first amp was my first pedal, it was the white mxr that you could plug headphones into,the year was 1979 or 80 i think :P
    "The problem with the internet (and e-mails) is you cannot hear someones voice, see them smile, nor notice a tongue planted firmly in cheek" - Andy Fuchs

I'm curious about what you guys use for power.....Do you use batteries, individual pedal power supplies, or some type of pedal-powering multi-supply?

One of the items on my current list of projects is to refurbish my pedal board. It's been quite a while, but I seem to remember that one of my dissatisfactions that led me to stop using it (and discovering the joy of plugging in direct) was that the OneSpot power supply I was using was becoming noisy.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."