Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Pedal Show

That Pedal Show

I discovered these guys last week and have watched/listened to a few of their videos. Some twice.
    This is like going to university to learn all about pedals.

I recommend this highly. They cover things like what order to put boost and distortion pedals (gain stacking).

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGigR...s?spfreload=10
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Pedal order?
    Draw lots...

I've seen some of their stuff as well.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

This is a good place to start:
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Dan and Mick are basically selling stuff. No question there. But who cares? They share very useful knowledge while doing so!
    The trick is to use the gear we have and try to learn from what they have to say.

Hey--it's fun to experiment with pedal order--hopefully people take things like this as a starting point & experiment from there.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

These guys say that, many times.

And I have been doing that for 40 years. But these guys make this like a cooking show, where you learn why salt is usually better on steak than on ice-cream, and why basil will taste different on different foods. (Okay, I'm not a chef, but hopefully you guys will get my meaning.)

One of the most important take-aways from this "show" is that any pedal will sound different with a different amp, and with a different guitar.
    The pedal is like a spice to add to a sound. And these guys help you to get a great sound before you add that spice, and then to know which spice is likely to get what result.

Hey--I am agreeing with them--and just summarizing the idea.
    I certainly set some of my pedals differently for different guitars (Especially a distortion pedal.)

Another fun thing is if you have two of a type of pedal you can put one in front of & one behind it to see how each sounds (or both)

For example distortion before & after a wah.