Thread: Zoom MS-100BT & MS-50G - New with bigger and better sounds!

Zoom MS-100BT & MS-50G - New with bigger and better sounds!

I have posted here before about my Zoom MS-100BT mini multi-effects pedal. Buying that pedal two years ago was the beginning of re-exploring pedals in general, and I have acquired a lot of knowledge (and pedals!) since then.

The cool thing about this pedal that as Zoom modelled other famous pedals, you could purchase (for a couple of bucks) these new pedals. This is how I learned about many pedals that I did not know existed prior to this journey. I have done a long thread on my pedals, and which ones were MS-100BT inspired.

I recently popped one of the outputs of MS-100BT, so it is now mono. Not a problem for most uses, but I had a look locally and got a second MS-100BT and a MS-50G, both for very reasonable prices. The MS-50G did not have many of my favourite Zoom modelled pedals. But since I mostly use my MS-100BT for delays and choruses, on my pedal-board, the MS-50G was going to be a good backup for that function.

The MS-50G has a couple things that the MS-100BT does not. It has a USB port for uploading firmware and sounds. (The MS-100BT does this by Bluetooth and an iOS app.) The MS-50G also has a PC/Mac program/app for editing. I have not tried this yet, but will do so soon.

Zoom has recently discontinued both pedals, but they have also given away all of their sounds for the pedals. MS-50G owners can download and install the latest firmware, and then use a second install program to get all of my favourite Zoom modelled pedals. Because the modelled pedals offered take more space than the MS-50G has memory, you need to unload pedals you are not using.

MS-100BT can use the iOS app to download all of the modelled pedals available. Now all for free.

So now, my MS-50G has all the Zoom sounds that I use. I can put it on my pedal-board, or leave it in the car for jams or as a backup.

I highly recommend these pedals, and now that they have all my favourite modelled pedals, they are worth much more than the $100 or so that they are selling for used.

I would recommend the MS-50G for most players, as it is easier to install the new pedals, and it does not need to be tied to an Apple account.

I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

I saw a used istomp recently for quite cheap -($40)-but the USB cable was for the wrong kind of phone for me to use--I suppose I might be able to get a cable that would work--or an adapter
    I'd seen them & the Multistomp before and they looked like a cool idea.
    I checked & they still charge for new pedals/sounds.
    I thought about getting it--but not sure about the adapter and/or new cable and from what I could see online I decided against it.
    if it had been a Multistomp --maybe I would have bought it.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

If I'm not mistaken, the Digitech istomp can be one pedal at a time. You can load it so it's a delay, then make it an overdrive. But one at a time, right?

The beauty of a Multistomp pedal is that it can be used several different ways. Sure, you can use it as just one pedal, but you can also use it as a pedal-board if you don't mind bending over once in a while. Or you can program a bunch of patches, and cycle though them.

Any of the Multistomp pedals (MS-100BT, MS-50G, MS-70CDR or MS-60B) for $40 would be a steal.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Yes--the istomp is one at a time--but apparently you could switch between songs live--if you do it right--but online reviews say it's tricky
    I think if it was a multi stomp for $40 I would have bought it.
    But I think the store it was at is aware of the issues & that the multi stomp has more pions
    If they get in a used multi stomp--I think it would priced higher than that.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Cool pedal, DW!