Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NPD

Maybe that is a good thing

I've been playing with the pedal in it's new home, chaining the channels in my Twin Reverb. Still liking what I'm hearing, and so far, I think this pedal might now be a keeper.

An update.....When I first started thinking about this pedal, one of the questions I had was what would happen when you use it with a bass. Tonight, I tried doing it, swapping my go-to Strat for my small Tele bass. The same thing that happens with a guitar happens with a bass...The pedal adds a clear upper octave, and makes the four-string bass sound like an eight-string. Using the #2 position on the five-way switch (middle + bridge), it does a dead-on imitation of an old eight-string Hagstrom.

Now I'm wondering about adding my octave pedal to see what happens. If I do it, I'll use it in series with the Mosaic between the two channels of the amp.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I've been playing with the pedal in it's new home, chaining the channels in my Twin Reverb. Still liking what I'm hearing, and so far, I think this pedal might now be a keeper.

An update.....When I first started thinking about this pedal, one of the questions I had was what would happen when you use it with a bass. Tonight, I tried doing it, swapping my go-to Strat for my small Tele bass. The same thing that happens with a guitar happens with a bass...The pedal adds a clear upper octave, and makes the four-string bass sound like an eight-string. Using the #2 position on the five-way switch (middle + bridge), it does a dead-on imitation of an old eight-string Hagstrom.

Now I'm wondering about adding my octave pedal to see what happens. If I do it, I'll use it in series with the Mosaic between the two channels of the amp.
    sounds like things are looking up

Sometimes trying pedals with a bass can be quite cool
    As the 12 string effect is a form of octaver the combo of two could produce some interesting results

Keep us posted
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I made the decision today to keep the pedal, so cancelled my for-sale ad.

To anyone experiencing similar issues, I highly recommend the method I used, connecting the pedal to chain the two amp channels. It is much quieter than running the effect between the guitar and amplifier.

That's one reason people use pedal loops
    But if you don't have one on your amp there are options
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I made the decision today to keep the pedal, so cancelled my for-sale ad.

To anyone experiencing similar issues, I highly recommend the method I used, connecting the pedal to chain the two amp channels. It is much quieter than running the effect between the guitar and amplifier.
    glad to hear it

A post-script to the pedal thing, because I wanted to share something I just learned.

Remember the thing about using the pedal to chain the channels in my amp? Normally, on an old Fender amp with reverb, the channels are out of phase. However, what I found was that the pedal seemed to have some type of phase correction that solved the problem.

Here's the interesting part: A guy over on TDPRI told me that the reason it could work is because the pedal has an uneven number of gain stages. Apparently, the signal pivots between 0 degrees and 180 degrees every time the signal passes through a gain stage, so if the Mosaic pedal has an uneven number of gain stages, it's 180 degrees out of phase, which puts the signal back into phase with the other channel.

I think this is pretty cool. The only bad news is, it won't work with every pedal...only the one's with uneven numbers of gain stages.

And who among us could easily say how many gain stages any of heir pedals have?
    I'm sure some players can--but I have never sought out that info...

A post-script to the pedal thing, because I wanted to share something I just learned.

Remember the thing about using the pedal to chain the channels in my amp? Normally, on an old Fender amp with reverb, the channels are out of phase. However, what I found was that the pedal seemed to have some type of phase correction that solved the problem.

Here's the interesting part: A guy over on TDPRI told me that the reason it could work is because the pedal has an uneven number of gain stages. Apparently, the signal pivots between 0 degrees and 180 degrees every time the signal passes through a gain stage, so if the Mosaic pedal has an uneven number of gain stages, it's 180 degrees out of phase, which puts the signal back into phase with the other channel.

I think this is pretty cool. The only bad news is, it won't work with every pedal...only the one's with uneven numbers of gain stages.
    That's a cool discovery!