Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NPD

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    And who among us could easily say how many gain stages any of heir pedals have?
    I'm sure some players can--but I have never sought out that info...
    I don't think many of us would have the expertise to make that determination, but it's pretty simple to try a pedal or pedalboard in the channel-chaining configuration. If there are only even gain stages, the symptoms of out-of-phase are pretty simple to recognize....There will be spots on the amp's volume control where the volume will diminish. If the pedal has an uneven number of gain stages, the volume problem won't happen. The nice thing is that even if only one pedal on your pedalboard has an uneven number of gain stages, it will work.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I don't think many of us would have the expertise to make that determination, but it's pretty simple to try a pedal or pedalboard in the channel-chaining configuration. If there are only even gain stages, the symptoms of out-of-phase are pretty simple to recognize....There will be spots on the amp's volume control where the volume will diminish. If the pedal has an uneven number of gain stages, the volume problem won't happen. The nice thing is that even if only one pedal on your pedalboard has an uneven number of gain stages, it will work.
    Good to know
    Thanks for sharing
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.