Thread: Guitar Companion App for Android

Neophyte

Guitar Companion App for Android

Hey Everyone,

I'm a guitarist and a software developer. I'd like to share an Android app I developed for practicing musicians, called Mozart's Friend. I wasn't sure if I should put this in the buy/sell area since it's a free practice/learning tool, so please feel free to move or delete this thread!

Mozart's Friend includes an interactive music library with over 1,200 scales, modes and chords for every music key signature, complete with piano view and neck view for 6, 7 or 8-string guitar and 4, 5 or 6-string bass. Notes and intervals are labeled using music theory conventions, making Mozart's Friend a great companion for the composer or music student. One-touch audio demonstrations provide interactive ear training. Tunings for each instrument are fully user-definable.

Also included is a chromatic tuner and a programmable metronome with adjustable tones and intervallic beats, allowing you to quickly outline a chord to play along with. Transpose keys easily in a single swipe.

And finally, a one-touch backup band! The new Jam Tracks feature allows you to simply choose your musical style and you're up and running. Adjust the tempo and key with the friendly controls.

Mozart's Friend does not save nor send any user information, contains no ads and is absolutely Free.

Cheers,

-James

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....mozartsfriend

Hi James, and welcome to the forum. I'm not a techie so I won't be using the app, but I'm sure it'll be appreciated by people here who understand this stuff.

Spellcaster (Ken)
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Neophyte
    Thanks much for the welcome, Ken!

Nice app, James.
    Thanks!
    And welcome. :-)
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Neophyte
    Thanks doublewah!