Thread: Want to see a slick visual method to learn the modes/theory or the entire fret board?

Neophyte

Want to see a slick visual method to learn the modes/theory or the entire fret board?

Hi it's Mark, from "Mark's graph paper guitar method" And I've made a youtube channel.

For guitarist's feeling stuck in that "Pentatonic rut"...unleash the inner improvisational expressionist in you, with this super trick, a visual way to download the fret board into your Mind's eye.

Just learning the typical scale patterns can really box your thinking and limit your ability to truly express your talents on the guitar... learn the entire fret board as a single scale, and the guitar becomes your emotional sword.

You say, "lol, that's easier said than done" ...well check out this visual method, that exposes the building blocks of the major scale system and how it connects like Lego blocks invaded a game of Tetris. Ok maybe not quite like that, but when you can "see" it's base component parts exposed you might have the sudden ability to play up down and diagonally across the fret board, using every note of the major scale, just like on a piano, or sax...and any of the 5 outside notes!

The ability to play the entire major scale unleashes 7 emotionally expressive modes, available on command. Mixing and matching becomes your game...your musical alchemy... your journey..

I'm uploading content a little more regularly now...trying to refine my online tutorial skills...

See what you think. Please subscribe! https://www.youtube....oCaL1YAmuO69YxA

Thanks for checking it out! Breath new life into your ability to improv!
    Last edited by DiYbanez Mark; 10-30-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiYbanez Mark View Post
    Hi it's Mark, from "Mark's graph paper guitar method" And I've made a youtube channel.

For guitarist's feeling stuck in that "Pentatonic rut"...unleash the inner improvisational expressionist in you, with this super trick, a visual way to download the fret board into your Mind's eye.

Just learning the typical scale patterns can really box your thinking and limit your ability to truly express your talents on the guitar... learn the entire fret board as a single scale, and the guitar becomes your emotional sword.

You say, "lol, that's easier said than done" ...well check out this visual method, that exposes the building blocks of the major scale system and how it connects like Lego blocks invaded a game of Tetris. Ok maybe not quite like that, but when you can "see" it's base component parts exposed you might have the sudden ability to play up down and diagonally across the fret board, using every note of the major scale, just like on a piano, or sax...and any of the 5 outside notes!

The ability to play the entire major scale unleashes 7 emotionally expressive modes, available on command. Mixing and matching becomes your game...your musical alchemy... your journey..

I'm uploading content a little more regularly now...trying to refine my online tutorial skills...

See what you think. Please subscribe! https://www.youtube....oCaL1YAmuO69YxA

Thanks for checking it out! Breath new life into your ability to improv!
    Hi Mark, and welcome to Axetalk.

Can you try to post that link again? It's dead to me.
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.

Neophyte
    Thanks for the heads up!!!... lets try this... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeN...CaL1YAmuO69YxA