Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GripMaster

I have the red one (medium I think?). As far as strength building goes... it didn't do much for me, but I've always had a vice-like grip. What I was using it for was to develop articulation and dexterity. I'd run patterns, trying to come up with the most difficult sequence (tongue twister for your fingers?) that I could. It was mostly used to run these patterns silently while we watched a movie or some other activity that wouldn't allow me to make noise with a real instrument. Once I was able to freely move any single finger independently without thinking about it, the grip master stopped being used.

Once I feel like we have mastered the blue one, I'll probably step up to the red, although that will definitely take some time. You want real strength building- try the black extra-high tension one!

What I've discovered is that my left hand is stronger than my right hand by a fair bit. This is almost certainly attributable to fretting with the left, but it surprised me at how weak my right ring finger and pinky are. The weakness in the right ring finger has almost certainly led to sloppiness in playing the trumpet (3rd valve)

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post

What I've discovered is that my left hand is stronger than my right hand by a fair bit.
    Definitely true as far as fingers go--but also more flexible & agile--even with finger picking--although playing bass has helped both hands.
    And using the hand wrist thing I used to use helped a lot as well...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I really like the Gripmaster- I can see real value from it. My wife says she wants to try it too

Ok--I found they didn't help me as much as the wrist/hand thing--but my hands are not your hands...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I'm curious to see how long I can maintain the discipline of using it every day

I used the one I used to have (It was actually my brother's) while talking on the phone or watching TV or stuff like that.

Yeah I've been using mine exactly the same way- when I am doing something else

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Yeah I've been using mine exactly the same way- when I am doing something else
    That works best--it doesn't seem like drudgery then--You probably use i more that way

Right- I could even use it on a conference call at work (although better if I am not speaking at the time)