Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88

Thread: Warming up

  1. #11
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    22,478
    Well I have that finger exercise thing I described somewhere that I can sue in a pinch--but would prefer at least a little noodling or run through chords--depends what I am playing.

    At least at church I can turn down my volume & warm up a bit that way if I have to
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  2. #12
    Super Moderator die Bullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    22,455
    Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    At least at church I can turn down my volume & warm up a bit that way if I have to
    I always turn down while warming up- or turn the amp off entirely

  3. #13
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    22,478
    Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    I always turn down while warming up- or turn the amp off entirely
    Depends on the setting--at home if I am just playing or practicing on my own--so it doesn't really matter...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  4. #14
    Super Moderator die Bullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    22,455
    Yeah at home there is more tolerance for warming up with the amp on

  5. #15
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    22,478
    Well if I am the only one at home, there's nobody to complain
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  6. #16
    Super Moderator die Bullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    22,455
    One of these days I have to go and crank my amps when nobody is home

  7. #17
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    22,478
    Don't forget the ear protection
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  8. #18
    Axeaholic itsallintheblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,227
    I do warm up the night before. I do all frets, all notes up to the 15th fret with various positions using all my fingers.

    being an engineer, I kind of used math to get different permutations and combinations of 1,2,3,4 that corresponds to my four fingers. takes me about 30mins to an hour if I take it slow and steady.

    gets my ready for the next day and I would only need a few stretching. but we always do 2 good runs before we start worship service. by then Im running hot and ready for rock and roll.

  9. #19
    Axe-honerated zontar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a people house
    Posts
    22,478
    Cool system
    I used similar methods to learn the neck better
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

  10. #20
    Super Moderator die Bullen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westfield, NJ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    22,455
    Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    I do warm up the night before. I do all frets, all notes up to the 15th fret with various positions using all my fingers.

    being an engineer, I kind of used math to get different permutations and combinations of 1,2,3,4 that corresponds to my four fingers. takes me about 30mins to an hour if I take it slow and steady.

    gets my ready for the next day and I would only need a few stretching. but we always do 2 good runs before we start worship service. by then Im running hot and ready for rock and roll.
    Sounds pretty thorough!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •