Page 2 of 212 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Man, this is a quiet place on the weekends!

Yeah this forum is kind of quiet sometimes. We have some interesting conversations occasionally.

This is my new instrumental surf music composition. My first surf music tune.

Broken Hearted Surfer.mp3 1.7 MB

Playing Broken Hearted Surfer by YeahDoIt - picosong

I want to record a better version, make a decent video maybe featuring surfers on the ocean. I wonder if any of the local surfer guys and girls would like to be part of a music video.
    Video playing acoustic guitar at the beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
    Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8

Hey YDI, nice clip. It makes me wanting to be on the beach now.

If I have much time or very little, this forum is part of my day meanwhile.

Spellcaster, I'd much more often answer your posts, if I were a bit more experienced in the field you're specialized in,
    all those active circuits, wireless and all the beautiful builds. I envy you, but can't come up with you (yet).
    Last edited by Fussel62; 12-19-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Good afternoon (I think) to Fussel. Good morning to all those in the States.
    What's wrong with jibber-jabber? Some of my best stuff is jibber-jabber.

Don't forget our friends on the Philippines!

Quote Originally Posted by YeahDoIt View Post
    Yeah this forum is kind of quiet sometimes. We have some interesting conversations occasionally.

This is my new instrumental surf music composition. My first surf music tune.

Broken Hearted Surfer.mp3 1.7 MB

Playing Broken Hearted Surfer by YeahDoIt - picosong

I want to record a better version, make a decent video maybe featuring surfers on the ocean. I wonder if any of the local surfer guys and girls would like to be part of a music video.
    YDI- this sounds good- definitely fits the 60's surf genre but a little cleaner.

A couple questions: are you playing a neck pickup on this or did you put the tone way down on the bridge PU? What is set-up guitar/ amp did you use? Just curious really.

Hey YDI!! Just watched Soul Surfer last night, they could have used that in the sound track!!!!
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

I used a Squier Affinity Stratocaster for "Broken Hearted Surfer". There are two guitar tracks, one lead, other is chords but quiet in the mix. I remember the lead guitar track used the neck pickup with the treble almost all the way down, and most of the time I held the whammy bar loosely in my hand. The rhythm guitar track used the middle pickup and a moderate amount of treble.

One reason the recording is so clean is the overdrive on my amp doesn't sound good. It's OK for practice just not good. I could use a vacuum tube little practice amp.

I put up an ad on craigslist yesterday looking for local surfers to make a surfing video. Nobody responded but it's only run for one day. I think I'll post a sign on the bulletin board at some local surfing shops. I enjoy making music videos.
    Video playing acoustic guitar at the beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OTqDn0JqE
    Music video - Maersk rescue from pirates, original pictures, NAVY SEAL museum www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fJQ8t8ZY8

Quote Originally Posted by etechstan View Post
    Hey YDI!! Just watched Soul Surfer last night, they could have used that in the sound track!!!!
    Hey Thanks! You know, people get attacked by sharks around here. I don't think it makes the news. I hear talk from people on the beach.

Sharks always seem to attack teenagers, never people over say 40 years of age.

Sharks fear me!!!
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

What about a shark as avatar then? (SHARKESTAN)