Page 101 of 193 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1928

Thread: Little things you hate

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Now I'm jonesin' for cheese pizza........

I hate it when that happens. Did you see what I did there?
    You really should try making your own. That way you can make the sauce exactly as you like it. When I make pasta sauce (which I also use for pizza sauce as I mentioned) I make several gallons and freeze it all except a small portion for immediate use. Lasts me for months.

And freeze it serving sized containers--so if you only want one serving--you can take that out--f you want two, take out 2, etc...
    You can also use already prepared pizza sauce from jars or cans--or use that as your base--but making your own is normally cheaper and you can personalize it.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Absolutely- serving sized containers are key. Although 4 in my household eat meat, so those containers are a bit bigger than someone who lives alone

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Absolutely- serving sized containers are key. Although 4 in my household eat meat, so those containers are a bit bigger than someone who lives alone
    even then it can still be individual--in case someone is visiting for supper or someone is not there...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

And we have gotten off topic--I don't hate all that stuff--so here's something annoying--you want to turn left on a residential street, but somebody has parked a huge pickup truck right up to the corner--blocking your view--you can't see if anybody is coming unless you actually pull out in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    And we have gotten off topic--I don't hate all that stuff--so here's something annoying--you want to turn left on a residential street, but somebody has parked a huge pickup truck right up to the corner--blocking your view--you can't see if anybody is coming unless you actually pull out in front of them.
    or any car for that matter

I saw a thing on TV the other day that concerned the wait time at traffic lights. I'm rarely in a hurry to get somewhere to a point that it really bugs me, but I can imagine that someone who drove a lot in their job would get downright peeved. In some bigger cities, it can be as much as 175 seconds for traffic lights to cycle. That's a long wait, particularly if you happen to be driving the speed limit and catch a bunch of red lights in a row.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Yeah traffic lights can be a real pain

or any car for that matter
    Of course anything in the way--even a non vehicle impedes your vision--but big trucks especially--and while it isn't iron clad, I have found that the bigger the pickup truck--quite often the bigger jerk of a driver the driver is--even if they are the sweetest person otherwise.
    (Yes there are exceptions--but I haven't run across many of them--but I do celebrate the exceptions)

Yeah traffic lights can be a real pain