Page 92 of 219 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things you hate

I hate petty thievery. Got work this morning and the hood of our delivery truck was propped open. Both almost-new batteries gone. Installed two new batteries, tried to start it, and it ran for about ten seconds and died. Discovered the diesel had been siphoned and the tank was dry. Went and bought 20 gallons of diesel, used the forklift to pull the truck back to where I could tip the can and get fuel in the truck. Tried to start it....It just won't start, and doesn't seem to be getting fuel. It's just a real drag to have somebody pull a petty crime that turns into a real PITA.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I hate petty thievery. Got work this morning and the hood of our delivery truck was propped open. Both almost-new batteries gone. Installed two new batteries, tried to start it, and it ran for about ten seconds and died. Discovered the diesel had been siphoned and the tank was dry. Went and bought 20 gallons of diesel, used the forklift to pull the truck back to where I could tip the can and get fuel in the truck. Tried to start it....It just won't start, and doesn't seem to be getting fuel. It's just a real drag to have somebody pull a petty crime that turns into a real PITA.
    Often it seems pointless as well
    But so disrespectful & selfish--and they probably don't care.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I couldn't find a good price on a take-and-bake pizza when I was shopping, so I bought a rectangular one. How are you supposed to eat the pieces with no crust? This really bites....and not in a good way......

I couldn't find a good price on a take-and-bake pizza when I was shopping, so I bought a rectangular one. How are you supposed to eat the pieces with no crust? This really bites....and not in a good way......
    It's doable.--maybe trickier--but it works better with a thick crust than a thin crust
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Geez this sounds like something that would happen in a bad neighbourhood of the Bronx in the 1970's, not something that would happen in Canada today...

It happens everywhere

I guess it could, although I haven't heard of anyone siphoning gas out of a car in years...

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    I guess it could, although I haven't heard of anyone siphoning gas out of a car in years...
    It's probably better siphoned than what happened the previous time.....The fuel thieves cut the filler hose between the body and the tank, which was a major pain in the butt to fix. If there's any justice in this world, they'll have dumped it into their gas-engined car before they realize it's diesel.

It's probably better siphoned than what happened the previous time.....The fuel thieves cut the filler hose between the body and the tank, which was a major pain in the butt to fix. If there's any justice in this world, they'll have dumped it into their gas-engined car before they realize it's diesel.
    That would be a bit of justice.
    (& I don't hate Justice)

Wow that is a lot worse than just an empty tank- also means you have to fix something...