Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good Things in life

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    Nice bike! I thought that was just a short passenger Zontar. Lol.
    Hey that's my Mrs & she's sensitive about her height, or lack of it!
    The correct number of guitars to own = N+1 where N is the current number of guitars that you own.

Congratulations! I wish you and your wife-to-be a lifetime of adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
    To me it isn't about the day, it's about making a formal commitment to this amazing woman that I want to spend my life with.
    One of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard on weddings is this--If you're married at the end of the day--that's all that matters.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Congratulations BOFH! Sounds like you've got the right idea, about the wedding and the girl The wedding lasts for a few hours, it's everything to come in the future that makes a marriage.
    “If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.” - Joe Rogan

https://soundcloud.com/son-explosif

I just got a call to meet with a singer/drummer who wants to get a band together with me on bass and a lead guitar player (G&L B-bender Tele/Blues Deluxe). I played with these guys once before. about three years ago. There was no magic the first time, but things might be different now. For one thing, it's only been a couple of months since I played bass, so I've still got my chops. The first time, I hadn't played bass for almost four years, so I was fumbling. Plus, the drummer (who I played with in my most recent band) and I have talked and gotten better acquainted, and I think our taste in material is similar.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Thanks guys, it was such an amazing weekend

We had a chalet in an eco resort in the Margaret River wine region in Western Australia. We arrived down a little early on Friday for check in so hit a winery, bought a couple of bottles, hit a dairy, bought some marinated fetta, sweet chilli cheddar, herb & garlic and a fruit & nut cheese before visiting the nut & cereal place & the chocolate factory & loading up on treats.

Got to Yelverton Brook, (if you ever save enough up please, please stay at this place, it is awesome!), the owner met us, explained the chalet was still being cleaned, (we have a 4WD ute, you kind of need it to get around this place), we went up, Joy, the owner made us coffee while we waited & gave us food to feed the mob of kangaroos that were coming up to say g'day.

Once we got inside we found that they had left a loveheart of rose petals on the four poster bed for us. Also coffee, eggs, milk, butter & bread in the fridge.

Spent an hour or 2 in the hot tub outside sipping wine & then enjoyed the evening feeding the woylies, (a criticially endangered species, like little quokkas), the local possums & the roos.

The morning of the big day got up, the spray painter came to do Anne's make up & hair & I enjoyed a coffee on the veranda with the roos until the wineries opened & I popped out for an hour to get a few bottles. When I got back we got changed, poured a couple of glasses, then our friends arrived & we had a chat for a few minutes, then the celebrant arrived, we walked out to the lawn, did our vows, had some photos, (our friend is a semi-pro photographer), signed the documents, had another glass or two of wine, John & Bec took us out for hot chocolate & cake & then we chilled out for the rest of the day.

My new wife made me breakfast on Sunday, then we went to visit John & Bec's new place, a 17,000sqm block. The first thing John did was to build a dual slalom mountain bike track. Next time I'm down there I'll take my bikes & see if I can clear the 6 metre gap jumps down the bottom.

We came home to find that Anne's kids & my new in-laws had spent the weekend cleaning the house & tidying up the garden.

To top that this week:

Anne got the all clear, a tumour she had removed 2 weeks ago is benign, she has another one but that is also benign.

We were looking at refinancing to consolidate some debts, I can top up the loan instead of reapplying & my water bill is now down to $160 & will be paid off & in credit the pay after next
    The correct number of guitars to own = N+1 where N is the current number of guitars that you own.

Boy sounds like a great weekend BOFH!

Mrs BOFH bought me 2 laps as a passenger in a V8 supercar today for my birthday. When it was my turn the instructor asked if I wanted to drive. I said that we'd only paid for the ride along & he said, "makes no difference to me mate". I didn't have to be asked twice! Best birthday present ever

You get to an age where you've been screwed over, hurt & abandoned, you're a bit ****ed up, then you meet someone who's also a bit ****ed up & your mutual ****edupedness cancels each other out & compliments each other & it just works.

I love you babes. I am so grateful to whoever that we met each other & I can't imagine life without you...xxx

Spending time with my kids.
    Today I took my 8 year old to her speech therapy, dropped her to school & collected them after school. Tomorrow I'm taking my 12 year old for an optometrist appointment. Friday I'm going to their Assembly at school & have them for the weekend.
    Not wild & exciting stuff but their are so many divorced Dads that never get to see their kids at all I appreciate that my ex wife & I can co-parent so well.