Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good Things in life

Here's something that is a little thing, but it brightened my mood.

First the set-up
    Many years ago I was in Hawaii and bought a double pick--more as a novelty (or so I thought) I got home & found out I love it.
    That pick is severely worn down now, I wish I'd bought several.
    So eventually I decide to make my own.
    I can't make them exactly the same way--but I can get them in the ballpark.
    So I bought some triangle Tortex picks in different gauges and some regular Tortex picks as well.
    I also bought some double sided tape that's thick and kind of foamy.

I cut a small square of the tape and stick the picks together with the tips slightly offset-works great!

So I try a few different combinations and find the one I like best and make a couple more.
    But there's one I prefer over the others, and that's the one I use the most and often carry on me.

Yesterday I was out doing some errands and the pick was not in my pocket.
    I thought I'd lost it. At home I located the other ones--but it wasn't the same.

So today I get home and walk into my bedroom--and there on the bed is my double pick!
    I hadn't lost it.

Simple thing--but it brightened my day.

(A similar thing happened with the original double pick that I bought--I couldn't find it for about a month--as well as several other picks, my string winder & some strings.
    Simple stuff--but when I found them, I was in a great mood.

So I had to share.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Sitting here looking at a pile of Christmas gifts for my grandkids. Must spoil them.
    I don't play guitar because I'm good at it, I play because it's fun!!

I have a feeling Santa is going to be generous at my house too this year

Two of the kids are in Texas so 2/3 of the gifts go into a big box then to UPS for the long trip southwest.

More good things cool--that's a good thing in & of itself.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Mrs BOFH & Jade, (the stepson's girlfriend), went out to put a cv in at a local supermarket last night & came home with a carton of Jack Daniels & a stray who had a bottle of sambuca & a bottle of scotch. Impromptu party was had. I had to call in sick today...
    The correct number of guitars to own = N+1 where N is the current number of guitars that you own.

I had that same illness once, induced by copious amounts of long island iced tea. Worst hangover ever.

I've been sick on & off for a while now--but none of it was alcohol induced or related.

I was over in the park yesterday with my 8 year old daughter, my 12 year old daughter & her friend. An older lady came over with 2 down syndrome girls about 6 & 10, (I assume they were her granddaughters). The older girl wanted to go on the flying fox but the lady couldn't lift her up & she asked me if I could lift her.

This reaffirms my faith in humanity that there are people out there that believe that other people are decent & not every man is a pervert & pedophile.

This lady thanked me over & over again. All I did was help a child onto a swing & tell the tweens off for hogging the slides & see saw.
    The correct number of guitars to own = N+1 where N is the current number of guitars that you own.

Cool.

Sounds like you had fun.